• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Which printer between S30670 (or S70670) and HP L26599 (latex)?

Zog

Hello,

I have a hard time to decide between the Epson S30670 (or S70670) and HP L26599 (latex).

No need for white or silver.

I need very good image quality. I print on a lot of different type of media. Sometimes on fabric. A lot of canvas but no car wrap. Sometimes B/W. I use Onyx production House.

Is it true that the HP is very hard to use? (Heat settings + limited media)

I've never used eco-solvent or latex. Always used pigmented inks.

Thanks for your input. (I will make the same post on the Epson forum....)

zagoaristides

Many many doubts

I'm very confused because I read a lot about the options I can afford. Reviews about the s70670 are pretty good. Why is that many people recomend HP, Mimaki or Roland that are older technology? Many brands use Epson Heads, and this new one has the last technology DX6 if I'm not wrong.

HP plotters produce a lot of heat that can melt second brand vinyls like many times we have. Also they don't print in white, and for me is a very important issue. The others are Roland and Mimaki, but the Mimaki JV33 (which I can afford) is 2 generations older compared with the Epson. The Roland Pro 4 has also a cutting element that I won't use.

I really don't know if someone can clarify some of my doubts.

The last doubt is the alternative inks for the new generation heads I wrote some lines ago. Someone is developing for DX6 heads? Are you going to have white/silver inks?

Thanks a lot.

Snydo

In my shop we have an L25500 and an 30670, You really cant go wrong here. Both are solid printers, but I feel the Epson gives you much more flexability overall. If high quality prints is your ONLY concern go with the HP. The Epson can crank out very clean, crisp prints in a fraction of the time it takes the latex to warm up. Best of luck.

danno

Try what I do. Take some print ready files, some media that you are familiar with, and demo both machines. I have actually taken a stopwatch to verify the speed claims from the manufacturers. I would allow a day for each machine you are looking at. Good luck with your decision.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We were looking a tboth machines here; we decided upopn the latex since we can take the prints right off of it and laminate them and install them immediately. Getting ready to pull the trigger once our office expansion is complete.

danno

Watch out for the HP/distrubutor smoke screen. We printed a wrap on the latex and went directly to laminate with it. About 4 months into the wrap we noticed bubbles in the laminate. We replaced the affected panels and then sent the ones the were on the vehicle back to 3M. 3M informed us that to them, it looked like the latex had outgassed causing the bubbles.

dale911

President
I went with Hp

I have an HP L25500 and I haven't found a media that I can't print on yet. I went with it because
  1. I can laminate immediately (at least immediately for when I get to it which is always at least an hour)
  2. I can print on anything. Even materials not designed to be printed on and they don't have to have a special coating
  3. The price of print heads is extremely cheap
  4. my cost of ink runs me about 20 cents a square foot
  5. no solvents to worry about so the printer is setup in my office.
I would buy another HP in a second and will definitely upgrade to the newest version when this one needs to be replaced.