• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

white spots in prints

depps74

I posted this in HP forum, but kinda desperate for someone to answer. I am guessing this is a known problem with an easy fix? My HP latex 315 is printing white spots in my images. See pic. Any ideas or help as to why this is happening. I did just replace the optimizer cartdridge. The material I am printing on is 3M Ij35 matte. All my tests so far have spots in them or the ink is muddy looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

rx7boy

Hello we were having the same issue with our hp 360 and IJ35C-20 media. We thought it was the media at first but then we thought it was something in our environment. After lots of tests and different media’s we came to the conclusion it was the media. We have had 2 bad rolls from 2 different suppliers at pretty much the same time but all is good now after we got some newer rolls

depps74

It still looks like contaminated media. Did you try another media as suggested in the other thread?
I posted this in HP forum, but kinda desperate for someone to answer. I am guessing this is a known problem with an easy fix? My HP latex 315 is printing white spots in my images. See pic. Any ideas or help as to why this is happening. I did just replace the optimizer cartdridge. The material I am printing on is 3M Ij35 matte. All my tests so far have spots in them or the ink is muddy looking.

depps74

It still looks like contaminated media. Did you try another media as suggested in the other thread?
It was the media. You were right. Now I am getting greasy spots though. especially with dark colors. I increased the interpose delay and heat with fingers crossed.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Have you done a cleaning of the curing tunnel?

Typically greasy spots are due to reduced airflow and heat. If the holes are plugged the air can't wick away the moisture from the latex ink.

JERHEMI

I'm having the same issue with black not drying. Can you explain or point us in the direction of where/how to clean the "curing tunnel"? Thank you!

Have you done a cleaning of the curing tunnel?

Typically greasy spots are due to reduced airflow and heat. If the holes are plugged the air can't wick away the moisture from the latex ink.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It is part of service maintenance kit 3, but depending on your print environment the cleaning needs to happen more frequently. you need to disassemble the curing tunnel to clean the airflow plates on the top side, its pretty laborious.

JERHEMI

Is this something that would be covered under a warranty to have a tech come out and handle?

It is part of service maintenance kit 3, but depending on your print environment the cleaning needs to happen more frequently. you need to disassemble the curing tunnel to clean the airflow plates on the top side, its pretty laborious.