• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who can seperate a .jpeg/.tiff image for me?

54warrior

I designed a T-shirt, thinking that a certain shirt shop would be doing the job, and they have the capability to seperate a .jpeg image. This shop, as it turns out, will not be doing the shirts now, and the other shop wants a complete vector image.

What do I do? Can someone seperate it into the correct things?

signage

I would suggest contact Killer Graphics and see what he want t do the whole job for you! You could also contact D&T graphics I do not know if they do raster images and the separations!

iSign

in the future, at the design stage, if it can be vector, it should be vector.. I don't know how many times I've told a client to go find the vector, because if it was done by a "real" designer, there will be a vector... not to get into whatever the heck "real" means... but as a sign guy, anything I design (even if it's for an iron on T that I print 4 color process from a bitmap) there is always the chance for a need to produce that image LARGE... so, as I said... in my opinion if it can be vector, it should be vector!

Also, show it to us. If there are only solid colors, with high contrast, using the magic wand to select, cut & paste to new layers (or just select, create new layer, while selection is still intact, fill in new layer, then delete from original) once each color is isolated, select, create path from selection, export paths to illustrator..

so, post the design, if you can do it yourself, we'll help... everybody learns! (& I'm sure there are better ways I can learn too... so, I'll be watching here.

threeputt

If you have a working copy of Omega Composer, I think you might get acceptable results by importing the .jpg, and using the "posterize image" setting. You can adjust as to how many colors you like the finished vector to be.

It may work for you.

p3

If the image is the size you want it and high resolution so the print will come out good, you can do it yourself by selecting color ranges in Photoshop. The other alternative that does this automatically is a trial of fast films or something like that, that does the color separations for you. But the quality doesn't come out as good. When it comes to t shirt stuff I try to deal with vector as much as possible, but most the time I deal with raster images and that's how I go about it. For a place to tell you that you need vector...means I would probably go elsewhere. A lot of designs aren't all vector based. www.arizonasportshirts.com www.indyscreenprint.com www.canyonraceapparel.com some are vector some are not, its easier and less time consuming for someone to create a 13" x 18" 300 DPI image for t shirts because that still can be scaled pretty large without losing much quality.