• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who has one of These? Do they work this well?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
http://www.neatco.com/products/neatdesk

Just saw this on the web. All these years, I've been using my desktop scanner and Adobe Acrobat.

If you haven't learned the hard way yet...thermally printed receipts DON'T last...expecially after two or three weeks in a wallet....or long term in the filing cabinet.

From the looks of this, it looks like it does the work twice as fast.

Not sure if I want to pony up $400 to do what I'm already doing, but it sure looks cool.

JB

Last edited:

econolinesigns

I don't have the NeatDesk but I hear it works pretty good. I have a Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 and use it with Evernote. The cool thing about Evernote is that you can access all your documents anytime from any computer, smartphone, iPad, or hour main workstation. Still getting caught up with old documents but things are looking much better with the reduction in paperwork sitting around.

klmiller611

I don't have the neat desk or snap scan, but I've been in the market for a document scanner. Now my need is not really business, but personal, I am also a historian, and have, probably realistically, about a 1,000 pound set of files that I'd like to scan and have available for study at my desk, maybe even try to OCR some of it. The trick is, most of these documents are carbon copies for those of us old enough to remember that far back. Therefore the sheets are usually flimsy and moderately fragile, any of you folks tried scanning anything that is fairy thin paper that would care to share your results?

Thanks
Ken

PromoGuyTy

Scansnap s1500

Bought a scansnap 1500 a year ago.

The next day I bought one for my assistant.

They are straight up awesome.

Not sure how I made it without 'em.

GypsyGraphics

i've been so tempted to buy one of those... i'm anxious to see what people have to say about it too! or about alternatives!

this could be a great thread!

Farmboy

Watched the video on the site. If it works as good as they make it out I'm sold. Also waiting to see if anyone who owns one speaks up.

Raulrdz

I have the neat scanner, bought it at Sam's Club. The scanner works great, but I use it to scan to PDF most of the time. The software that comes with it has some great features but I find it somewhat cumbersome. I carry the scanner in my bag all the time, it works of the usb port and needs no external power.

mountaingraphic

I am just happy to see someone actually incorporate OCR for what it was designed for. Its been out for YEARS and never seemed to be effective

SqueeGee

Somewhat off topic but I recently discovered the Genius Scan app for my iPhone. Very cool and free.

For business cards, I've been trying out CardMunch. Also free.

jiarby

OCR has always kinda sucked, and going back and cleaning up the mistakes was as time consuming as entering data by hand...

Has it gotten any better??

njshorts

We were really tempted... but we've been sticking to our HP 6500 with the matching software's built-in OCR. So far, no issues... but I'm still tempted to look into one.