• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WHO NEEDS TO PONY UP DAMAGE COST ???

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thats a very good idea.
Why not a crate where the signs can be stacked vertical? The rear of the crate can be of solid design, and the front, have a hinged bar when you want to remove a sign. After loading the crate into the truck, it can be ratchet strapped to the truck bed.

Something to think about. I may have to build one of those myself
If I ever get around to it, I will post up a picture.

Don't let the few with the gang mentality screw with ya PB. Some just like to cause an argument wherever thread they visit. Its their only form of enjoyment.

YOU TOLD YOUR STORY......GAVE THE CHAIN OF EVENTS......ADMITTED IT WAS A BAD DECISION..........YET, some feel the need to berate you to make themselves feel good.
Hold on there Sparky........ I already wrote I liked his ending. No where did I do what you are saying. You come here once a month, make this sh!t up and look for a fight. Go take some more meds and you'll feel better later on.

There are quite a few things this OP could've done, but he followed some bad advice, although the guy did say, they can stick. So, lucky for him, his customer bailed his a$$ out of a pickle. He learned an expensive lesson on his customer. Happy ending all the way around, til you came around. Now, you hafta go and derail this thread and send it down the toilet. You just never change.

TimToad

You most definitely should make some kind of crate with dividers in it if this is going to be a regular type of work for this client. I don't think Gino was rubbing it in on you, he was just stating a relevant, real life, recent example of how he handled a similar situation and how simple of a solution is readily available. We have a whole box of those hand clamps as well as straps, poly wrap, blankets, rolls and rolls of liner, kraft paper, etc.

I once managed the graphics dept. of a big tradeshow/exhibit house. We had built a huge 60'x60' tradeshow booth and product wall display system for Salomon sports. It took two 48' semi trailers to pack the crates for this thing, but we had built the crates to isolate each of over 100 4'x8' wall panels WITH product shelves so nothing would ever come within an inch of each other. The panels were hinged in a way that two people could slide them out of a crate one at a time and assemble the whole thing without incident.

The thing went from city to city, was used multiple times per year for several years and not a single component ever came back for repair.

The best planning is PRE planning for any circumstance that could go wrong. Those aren't cheap signs and neither is your reputation. It has years worth of investment built into and riding on it.

skyhigh

Gino, what made you think I was talking about you?

dont be paranoid!!!

Last edited:

Emd2kick

I truly feel dumber for reading this thread...so I’m supposed to remove the slip sheets and pray my customer bails me out?

“The more you know”

PB33064

I truly feel dumber

This was not the worst blooper I've done, and probably won't be the last. I didn't come here looking for validation, nor candy coated criticism. When I screw up, let me have it. So, I am putting this thread to rest, feeling good for most all the feedback.

As for your post Emd2dick. Your "waste of time" post, and only goal to belittle, tells me that you didn't join this thread very high on the intellectual ladder anyways.
You'll be just fine.

Everyone else, I thank you again.

Last edited:

mark galoob

The manufacturer should be responsible here. You paid for these signs and they failed after a short period of time. If they failed during storage They prob would have failed during instal if the ink wasn’t cured properly. I would make the manufacturer redo.

equippaint

The manufacturer should be responsible here. You paid for these signs and they failed after a short period of time. If they failed during storage They prob would have failed during instal if the ink wasn’t cured properly. I would make the manufacturer redo.
Thats not true at all. Even uv cured ink can stick to itself when stacked. Improper storage of goods was 100% the cause of failure and nothing else.

Emd2kick

PB thanks for trying to insult me, but you posted on something your little head could have worked out internally....or in theory you should have. You also got upset over a couple thousand dollars....which is pennies dude.

So I guess I’d rather be low on the “intellectual latter” and own a large growing company, then truly dumb and worrying about a couple thousand bucks. I have a great idea of where you can put the slip sheets next time ; )

Emd2kick

PB, you also agree to match the lowest price if your customer finds one. And actually have had to do so. That’s a little pathetic....

PB33064

. You also got upset over a couple thousand dollars....which is pennies dude.

So I guess I’d rather be low on the “intellectual latter” and own a large growing company

Its the internet, you can say whatever makes you feel important Eric.
By the way, Im actually B.Gates. My company is bigger than yours.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Da fug....... I thought this thread was poked, done and put to bed a while ago. What happened ??