• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Whoa! This place has changed sinse my last visit! Looking for thoughts on reefer trailer graphics pr

signmeup

Hello? Anyone still out there I know?

Anyway... I'm quoting a large job(for me anyway) on graphics on reefer trailers. The graphics are a single piece 12 feet x 4 feet, one each side. Lots of rivets... (I use a RollePro) I know what the materiel costs.(lol) Question is what would you want per unit and then what would you want per unit for 20 units?

Adrian

rjssigns

Rough guess:
Vinyl cost plus overhead etc...
Lift rental. Platform type so you don't have to keep moving it. Moving staging around is a PITA.
4 hours per unit. Includes cleaning, install, post heat etc...

May sound like a lot of time but you can't count on the condition of the trailers, weather etc...

signmeup

Thanks Rj for your thoughts! The job is indoors, heated, well lit and a wide scissor lift is provided. By "4 hours per unit" do you mean 4 hours per 12 x 4 decal or 4 hours per trailer? I figure per trailer but then you mentioned 4 hours might seem like a lot of time...

Adrian

signmeup

Hulksmash? I give up? Who is it?

I can't find anything here any more. Where is the gallery stuff? How do you PM someone?

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yowsa, last I saw you, you were naked on a roof.

Glad to see you're back !!

signmeup

Dude! Pipe down man! Geez...

Good to hear from you Gino! I'm thinking about 750 a pop for these things. Am I nuts? The volume is pretty good... It's the numbers that have me spooked. I don't usually get to quote on 20 of something.

(had to replace that roof last summer. Wearing same outfit and I look up and the frikken neighbor lady is sitting in a lawn chair watchin' me. Screw it! I kept right on working! lol )

Adrian

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That $750..... is that for the installation part or the whole thing ?? You have 100 sq ft of material, lam and prepping, then about 3 hours for installation. If it's the whole thing, that's a damned good price.... for the customer. If it's just busy money, then, alright, but not me.

rjssigns

Thanks Rj for your thoughts! The job is indoors, heated, well lit and a wide scissor lift is provided. By "4 hours per unit" do you mean 4 hours per 12 x 4 decal or 4 hours per trailer? I figure per trailer but then you mentioned 4 hours might seem like a lot of time...

Adrian

4 hours total per trailer. I should have 'splained it better.

Talk to the client and tell them the bid could change once you get a few done. Shop I work with does this. Last couple years they've done graphics on at least 200 trailers. 16" wide full length stripe, plus company logo and various other lettering. 2 guys knock out 5 units a week. Mostly outside work but the company supplied a lift.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Talking about lifts, we have a 17' aluminum walk plank and it takes about 6 minutes to set up completely. I little springy in the middle, but once ya have your sea legs, it's fine.

signmeup

That $750..... is that for the installation part or the whole thing ?? You have 100 sq ft of material, lam and prepping, then about 3 hours for installation. If it's the whole thing, that's a damned good price.... for the customer. If it's just busy money, then, alright, but not me.
Thanks for your thoughts Gino. I know you don't like coming up with numbers on the open forum... Any chance you could PM your thoughts on what a good price for me would be? (Do they still have private messages here?)

Not familiar with the term "busy money".

Adrian

signmeup

4 hours total per trailer. I should have 'splained it better.

Talk to the client and tell them the bid could change once you get a few done. Shop I work with does this. Last couple years they've done graphics on at least 200 trailers. 16" wide full length stripe, plus company logo and various other lettering. 2 guys knock out 5 units a week. Mostly outside work but the company supplied a lift.
Thanks RJ! I figured you meant 4 hours per trailer. What about you? What do you think your shop would charge for this job? They swap out about 20 to 30 trailers a year so it's a big deal to my little one man show.

Adrian

HulkSmash

Hello? Anyone still out there I know?

Anyway... I'm quoting a large job(for me anyway) on graphics on reefer trailers. The graphics are a single piece 12 feet x 4 feet, one each side. Lots of rivets... (I use a RollePro) I know what the materiel costs.(lol) Question is what would you want per unit and then what would you want per unit for 20 units?

Adrian

You're going to be using 54" material so each decal should be charged at

4.5x12 feet *20

id be approx 480-515 per vehicle. (includes install)

good luck

Bigdawg

Just Me
I don't have any comments on the cost... just wanted to say hi there stranger! Hope life is treating you well!