• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Whos paint mask are you guys using with Matthews Paints?

SignManiac

I've been having a few issues with different paint mask prematurely lifting around some of the edges due to the solvents in Matthews paint. I've tried Oracal and Gerber mask. Anyone else that shoots Matthews paint have a good recommendation for paint mask???

Thanks

MikePro

I use Avery, Gerber, & Pask Mask, whatever price is right at time of ordering restock, with both MAP & AkzoNobel paints. All turn out great.

visual800

I have used oracal 651 just made sure to pull it off wet. Paint mask is more expensive than regular vinyl

Kottwitz-Graphics

I have used oracal 651 just made sure to pull it off wet. Paint mask is more expensive than regular vinyl

I've used 651 in a pinch, but paint mask tends to stick better, but it comes off without "stretching" as much when peeling it off...seems easier to remove, in my opinion.
I've had more luck pulling it when it's tacky. There is one point when it cures just right...too wet and the paint bleeds, and too dry and it tears.

What I hate is where you get paint on my fingers, ant then inadvertently touch what I masked off...

SignManiac

Thanks guys, I painted plenty in the past with no problems. I think it may be a case of my guy laying his paint on to heavy with the first coat. I'll keep an eye on him and make sure he lays down a light flash coat first to see it that solves the problem.