• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

why cant I fix this

SlightlyChilled

ForumRunner_20130603_004401.png

I cant for the life of me get this to stop. I h a ve tried more tension less what have u. I was told once to flip a roller and that would help. Its roylal sovereign

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130603_004417.png
    ForumRunner_20130603_004417.png
    271.4 KB · Views: 45

MikePro

material is buckling.
your material is either not feeding square/centered through the rollers, or you've got the pinch pressure jacked way up.

rjssigns

I have an RS so I speak from experience. You must have an ABSOLUTELY square clean edge to start, period. By square I mean your lead edge must be 90 degrees to either the right or left side. The lead edge must also be dead flat, period.
Here is what you do.
1) Make sure you have a perfectly square leading edge.
2) Put 2 layers of 2 inch masking tape on the top edge, square with the leading edge.
3) Out on layer of 2 inch masking tape on back side of leading edge.
*Why masking tape? Laminate doesn't stick to masking tape. This little trick allows you to keep resetting until you get it perfect. It also makes the edge lay dead flat.
4) Feed in just enough of the print so it stays put.
5) Carefully measure from rear edge of tape to a point on the platen to make sure it is feeding even.
6) Punch the go button.
7) Happy happy happy! :smile:

This is the same method I use for long runs. We have done 60+ feet rolls like this with only a quarter inch drift. My infeed is dead simple too. I'd tell you about it but it's embarrassing.

OADesign

Like other have said, make certain you are loading your media square to the rollers.

The other issue may be that the pressure is uneven on your rollers. A "push pull scale" is an easy way to fix this. Royal Sovereign has one for about $30. It will work even if your don't have a RS machine.

SlightlyChilled

The only one I have seen was 400.00 If you have a link PLEASE show me I would be happy to pay that. When I get home I will try that set up Thanks kids

rjssigns

The only one I have seen was 400.00 If you have a link PLEASE show me I would be happy to pay that. When I get home I will try that set up Thanks kids

I PM'ed you. Check your regular e-mail for pics I sent.(you may think less of me after viewing them)LOL

401Graphics

somewhere in the middle of this video i show you how you have to have a straight leading edge.

[video=youtube;rlr-a--zDG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlr-a--zDG8[/video]

SlightlyChilled

well I bought a cheap roll of lam and vinyl looks like it was me. I need to REALLY line this up. I get a little walk but I will work on that. I'm just going to keep setting it up and taking it down and resetting it so I don't mess up. Thanks For The help