• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will Wasatch Cut

heyskull

I use Wasatch 6.2 to print from at the moment and use a Mutoh Valuejet and a Mutoh Ultima to contour cut from.
I am on with upgrading the plotter and am looking at a Graphtec FC-8600 as I have always like Graphtecs plotters and I am getting a real good deal on it.
The issue is that Wasatch6.2 at least my version only supports the CE-5000, FC-5100 or the FC-7000.
The question is can I use one of these to drive the contour cut from Wasatch?
When I speak to Wasatch all they want me to do is upgrade and will not answer the question whether these drivers will run the FC-8600.

I hope I have posted this correctly.

Sorry for the repost but I maybe think this is the correct place to post

SC

Yes it will. appears you need to buy the add on though from Wasatch. But if you are using a Graphtec. Why not just download cutting master for free and run your cuts from illustrator.

heyskull

Yes it will. appears you need to buy the add on though from Wasatch. But if you are using a Graphtec. Why not just download cutting master for free and run your cuts from illustrator.

Big issue with Wasatch is all they want to do is sell you a newer upgraded version of Wasatch.
My version works great why should I have to upgrade if I add a new plotter?
I maybe could understand a newer printer.
Believe me I have tried to get them to add the plotter but they are not willing to tell me that if I use the existing Graphtec drivers it will work and only want me to upgrade!
We use Signlab 9.1 to create prints and contour cuts and export over to wasatch as a level 3 EPS.
I know you are thinking what? But Wasatch is a far better RIP than signlabs as it tends to print a lot more like what you see and their is a lot less messing about setting things up and works great just out of the box.

SC

heyskull

Oh another thing about earlier versions of Wasatch that Wasatch will not tell.
Is whether it will run on windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
The answer is a big YES.
They uhmmed and ahhhged but would not tell.

SC

FatCat

I honestly don't know, but can say I doubt it.

I think the path of least resistance is to pony up for the upgrade - you didn't mention how much.
Then you get all the new printers and cutters up to date.