• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

window perf on 2 sides...will it work?

gabagoo

a customer wants window perf on both sides of his windows. I cant think that it wouldnt work, although naturally all the holes will never line up.

you can print on clear window perf with a uv printer... but then one image would be reversed. lol If you install a perf on both sides of a window you are gonna get some funky psychedelic looking patterns in the holes. I really doubt they will be able to see through it.

signage

Someone with a Summa Dc series or a printer that can do white and rewind and start again it can be done printing on clear.

gabagoo

you can print on clear window perf with a uv printer... but then one image would be reversed. lol If you install a perf on both sides of a window you are gonna get some funky psychedelic looking patterns in the holes. I really doubt they will be able to see through it.

both sides will be different info so I can print onthe regular stuff?

MikePro

what about printing/applying perforated material with white-adhesive backing, and applying the reverse side of the window with a clear print?

signage

Stick I can produce it with my Edge that would work, the only issue would be one of the sides would need to be a dark print so that it could be seen though easier. Light colors just do not work to good.

I would print it on clear with a image on both sides. If you have signlab and the thermal/spot color add on it very easy. You can even create your own holes.

iSign

Do they want to be able to see through this?

If not why perforated film?
+1

sounds like a failure waiting to happen

like others said... what does 'will it work" mean?
unless it's pure black, your eyes focus on the print inside, instead of the view outside the window... and if your client would rather people see the print then the view, what's the point of the perf? When there is light coming through, it will mess up the printed image, but the image will still mess up the view..

and the edge with signlabs printable perf concept is cool... but most windows are larger then 11.8, and if there is one thing that looks horrendus with overlaps, it's perf patterns

+1 I sign... the point of a perf is to see image on one side, and see through from the other side... If there is image on both sides, what is there to see through???

however... You can print one piece of art on clear perf then run through again to flood with white, then run again to print the second image.

Really starting to wonder what the point would be though, lol

gabagoo

I guess I could print on regular vinyl although it will need to be block out. They have windows above the area we will be doing so light will still get into the showroom.