• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Tint with Logo? Can it be done.

Tawmie

Hey! So... We have a client that is set upon the idea of covering his big roll up garage door windows with window tint BUT he would like his logo superimposed over the windows too. I have attached a quick mock up of the idea. He wants the entire thing to transmit light. I have been trying to steer him towards a printable etch but hes not sold quite yet. I don't have a ton of experience with tint other than I know it can be quite finnicky. Anybody with any experience for working with tint like this?

Attachments

• Forbidden-ETCH-mockup.jpg
    Forbidden-ETCH-mockup.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Forbidden-ETCH-Rolling-Door-Template-2in-frames.jpg
    Forbidden-ETCH-Rolling-Door-Template-2in-frames.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 345

Reveal1

We've not done a lot of tint but this looks simple. Tint on inside and etchmark (or similar) on outside. Wouldn't be able to do the variable tints in photo 2 though.

It can be done, it's kind of a pain, though. You can do what Reveal1 said, but keep in mind that there are very few films that are designed to be installed on the outside of a window. The brand we use, Llumar, only has one single type if I remember correctly, and it has a much reduced lifespan compared to their other commercial/residential films.

Tawmie

It can be done, it's kind of a pain, though. You can do what Reveal1 said, but keep in mind that there are very few films that are designed to be installed on the outside of a window. The brand we use, Llumar, only has one single type if I remember correctly, and it has a much reduced lifespan compared to their other commercial/residential films.
Yea that is what I was thinking. Thanks so much.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We reverse printed on clear - installed on the car windows (inside) then added a layer of medium (35% I think) neutral tint behind the prints.
Looked good and seemed to not bother the driver's view. Most likely not DOT Kosher, but we told them if it was an issue we'd remove and refund the cost. Might do what you need.
window print.jpg

RebelGraphics

We reverse printed on clear - installed on the car windows (inside) then added a layer of medium (35% I think) neutral tint behind the prints.
Looked good and seemed to not bother the driver's view. Most likely not DOT Kosher, but we told them if it was an issue we'd remove and refund the cost. Might do what you need. View attachment 147965
I would have done it the same way. Good thing you mentioned the DOT to them.