• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

window vinyl

apex

whats up everyone.
I have a question about window signs i would like to make.
I want to create a vinyl decal to be placed on the inside of a window,now i know i can not print on the adhesive side of vinyl so i was curious on what vinyl would be best to do this. I was thinking an adhesive less vinyl (sorta like an illuminate vinyl) would be what i should print on maybe?

i want a vinyl that i print on one side but it is also viewable on the reverse side, then to apply some kind of adhesive to the printed side before i apply to a window.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You would use a non adhesive window perf and an optically clear double sided face mounting adhesive that is permanent one side and removable on the other. I carry the perf and mounting adhesive if you need a source.

Non adhesive perf is $0.41 a sq.ft and the mounting adhesive is $0.39 a sq.ft and they both come in 54"x150'

apex

You would use a non adhesive window perf and an optically clear double sided face mounting adhesive that is permanent one side and removable on the other. I carry the perf and mounting adhesive if you need a source.

Non adhesive perf is $0.41 a sq.ft and the mounting adhesive is $0.39 a sq.ft and they both come in 54"x150'

awesome, thanks!
where are you located?

sfr table hockey

Welcome to the forum....

You can use some clear film and reverse print the image so it's mirrored as its being printed and then stick to the inside of the window. If you can't print white then the color will be duller and white areas of the image will be clear. You can always back it with a white vinyl with a clear adheasive. You can even print the same image on that white vinyl and have the image on both sides.

Sign_Boy

i want a vinyl that i print on one side but it is also viewable on the reverse side, then to apply some kind of adhesive to the printed side before i apply to a window.

Not sure if the perf will work for this. Did you want to be able to see the image in reverse when you looked at it from the back side?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Not sure if the perf will work for this. Did you want to be able to see the image in reverse when you looked at it from the back side?

Great point I misread your post. Do you want to see the image on both sides? If so you could print double sided banner then apply the face mount to it.

apex

i dont need to be able to read it properly from the back.
what i was saying is that the window stickers i see are printed on side A and the bleed shows through on the back side and adhesive is put on side A and stuck to a window.
although it would be awesome to be able to print double sided window stickers.

what is face mount?
I am sorry i am asking such questions i am starting my own vinyl printing company, i am offspringing from my families printing company and i decided i wanted to try the vinyl route so i picked myself up a roland sp300v. is the roland capable of printing white?

Sign_Boy

You could print 2 and lay them back to back then apply the clear double sided mounting adhesive then apply it to the window.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We reverse print on clear (I actually usually just use laminate and then "laminate" with the white). Have to make sure you put transfer tape over the registration marks BEFORE laying the white down so you can contour cut. (you trim out the marks from the white) Then you can put the decal on the inside of the window.

The drawback is that you really have to watch the glass. Some that appear to be clear aren't always and your decal visibility can become limited then.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
i dont need to be able to read it properly from the back.
what i was saying is that the window stickers i see are printed on side A and the bleed shows through on the back side and adhesive is put on side A and stuck to a window.
although it would be awesome to be able to print double sided window stickers.

what is face mount?
I am sorry i am asking such questions i am starting my own vinyl printing company, i am offspringing from my families printing company and i decided i wanted to try the vinyl route so i picked myself up a roland sp300v. is the roland capable of printing white?

Face mount is just like double sided tape in a big roll that you put on the front of a print as opposed to normal mounting adhesive which goes on the back of a print. Face mount is typically optically clear for clarity since and is commonly used on backlit prints.

apex

Face mount is just like double sided tape in a big roll that you put on the front of a print as opposed to normal mounting adhesive which goes on the back of a print. Face mount is typically optically clear for clarity since and is commonly used on backlit prints.

'thank you i believe that is the answer i am looking for, i never did translucent applications before so i wasnt sure

apex

here are images of the decals i am talking about that i want to produce.

this is front and back sides on them on the inside of a glass door.

how is this made? translucent media with2 sided adhesive applied between front and window?

Attachments

• IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 133

apex

here are images of the decals i am talking about that i want to produce.

this is front and back sides on them on the inside of a glass door.

how is this made? translucent media with2 sided adhesive applied between front and window?

anyone know or cant point me towards what kinda media that decal is

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It looks like just normal 3 Mil calandered vinyl, the 3Mil vinyl will be a little translucent just like in the photo.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Oh its mounted to the inside I noticed in your post. You can print on a photo paper or wet strength paper then apply the double sided face mount and you will be good to go. Or print on a polypropylene and use the same face mount. Either way I got everything you need if you need a source for it ok.

JoshT

View Thru vinyl with face mount

Hi - I need to do something similar, and I'm wondering what the non-adhesive view-thru vinyl and facemount materials are called and where I could buy them?

Thanks!
Josh