• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wire mesh (screen) for capping station?

anozira02

Anyone knows where to get some of those wire mesh screens for capping station for some of the older roland printers, such as Cj-500 and Fj serious printers. I read about it online, but can't recall where. Thought maybe I run it by here, see if anyone knows about these screen or if anyone of you using them?

sfr table hockey

One of the Roland dealers I deal with carry the filters for the captops on their own. When I got them last time there was one for the lower filter that looked normal to whats in the captop and the upper filter was two smaller square filters that set on top of the one piece lower filter.

They were about $8 to $10 for a set but they did work and as long as the rest of the captop is in good shape you can just replace the filters. I have one in the solvent printer now that has been working as normal.

If yours are raising up and touching your heads you could try to remove them and fold them (down the center the long way) as this is what the diagram shows to do on the replaceable filters. Then when you put them back in make sure the fold (looks like this (V)) and the lower part of the fold goes down so that once the sides are tucked in the cap top the fold helps keep the filter from raising as easily.

ionsigns

Yeah, amazing. After my Falcon Outdoor wicked 3 carts to the floor and they sold me a new capping station with improved pads.
Now there is wire mesh to prevent capillary action / wicking - draining full carts. Live and learn - at user's expense.

It's not rocket science. Sometimes it is not science of ANY kind!

Last edited:

anozira02

Well,, I did found some and ordered a pr. Interested to see how they will work, I was about to replace the capping station and the print head...