• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wireless camera for the printer

tcorn1965

I may take you up on that.

Do they offer a DVR to go with the system?

They might. I just setup a linux box with the open source software called zoneminder. It is a bear to set up (Needs a lot of command line programming). Once setup though it is a work horse. I am recording video from 13 cameras inside and outside...About 5 different makes of cameras. Zoneminder works flawlessly

Terry

tcorn1965

In that room? how many rooms you have / machines your run? for that matter how may employees with that many cameras?

It is an old school house I actually went to grade school in 38 years ago. Plus 3 warehouse we built as we grew. In the big room we have Gerber ION, 2 4x8, 2 3x4, and two 18x24 screen press machines. In another room we have the Kornit breeze DTG printer and the Mutoh 900 RC sublimation printer and the Ricoh gx 7000 sublimation printer, and a T-Shirt screen print machine. We have about 60 employees and run two shifts.

Terry

yes it does. and yes we do

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 123

Fatboy

You forgot some of your light on last night. Just thought I will bring it to your attention.
:ROFLMAO:

laserman70

Very easy. Just setup camera with a local IP from your network and assign it a port like 6300 and than configure your router to forward that port to your cameras ip. Then you can see it outside your network by using your public ip, colon, port #

If you have difficulties I can walk you through it with a few minutes on the phone.

Terry

would love detailed info on how to..
Greatly appreciated for any info...

Tigertron

Very easy. Just setup camera with a local IP from your network and assign it a port like 6300 and than configure your router to forward that port to your cameras ip. Then you can see it outside your network by using your public ip, colon, port #

If you have difficulties I can walk you through it with a few minutes on the phone.

Terry

This is what I do for a living most of the time. But I charge buy the hour. The free customers are always the most picky and difficult to please.

Scott Reynolds

Just google "network camera" and you find lots of them.

I have an Panasonic wireless network camera in the back yard that pan/tilts. It can be viewed with any computer and smart phone. It also came with software that records on any computer with internet.

This is the model I have, its a little pricey because its wireless but Panasonic has wired versions that are about a 1/3 the price.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...67931&ei=9RzeT5CJMYqcsgfrsdGRBQ&ved=0CJcBEK0S

Here is a google search.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...100680&ei=chveT8qBE8qrsQfiuJThBw&ved=0CGMQrRI

Fatboy

Just thought I will let you know that the guy at the big workstation left his desk very untidy over the weekend!

2B

looks like the IP is no longer valid, was wondering if the desk was cleaned up

Charlie J

Just google "network camera" and you find lots of them.

I have an Panasonic wireless network camera in the back yard that pan/tilts. It can be viewed with any computer and smart phone. It also came with software that records on any computer with internet.

This is the model I have, its a little pricey because its wireless but Panasonic has wired versions that are about a 1/3 the price.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...67931&ei=9RzeT5CJMYqcsgfrsdGRBQ&ved=0CJcBEK0S

Here is a google search.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...100680&ei=chveT8qBE8qrsQfiuJThBw&ved=0CGMQrRI

I bought the same one a couple years ago and I could never figure out how to make it broadcast to the web.

MixMaker

It would be way way way cool if we could rip from home. I'd have a printer with each type of media loaded and hire a monkey to tape the take up reels. :rock-n-roll:

ChicagoGraphics

It would be way way way cool if we could rip from home. I'd have a printer with each type of media loaded and hire a monkey to tape the take up reels. :rock-n-roll:

You can but it's expensive as hell to do. I did it when I moved to France back in 2001, I'm sure it's probably less expensive now then it was back then.

OlsonSigns601

I've printed several jobs from my home, London & Texas.

Got a guy I could trust with the keys to the shop to load the media I needed, I used Goto My PC to access the computer that rips and I used my security camera's to make sure it was working correctly and my guy was loading the correct media.

We got the security cameras through a trade so it was very cheap. Current setup I can view both printer & plotter. While in the office I can sit at my desk and monitor everything going on. I'm not micromanaging with them but I can't count the number of times we have adverted a mess up because I was paying attention to GotoMyPC or the security camera's.

Attachments

• Camz.jpg
    Camz.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 78