• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WIX to design website

VinylLabs.com

I design my sites from scratch, but lately have been using content managment systems. there is nothing out there better then wordpress. unless it's ecommerce, then I use magento. i've been developing since I was 11.

VinylLabs.com

And how big are they now?

they all died over the course of time :p largest one I worked on was circlesmart.com which was raided by the RCMP cause the telemarketers were selling unethically (illegally) my current largest one as of this moment has 64,738 registered members (its a car site)

Currently Active Users: 1134 (338 members and 796 guests)

square1

Like VinylLabs.com, I program my sites from scratch and most of my clients have found Joomla to be the easiest way to update their own content after I design the site ... It's also what I use to create mine, http://emergedesigns.net

mikey-Oh

Like VinylLabs.com, I program my sites from scratch and most of my clients have found Joomla to be the easiest way to update their own content after I design the site ... It's also what I use to create mine, http://emergedesigns.net

Really dig your site. One thing kinda bugs me though.... When I click an image for preview, the youtube square overlays the gallery popup. Happening with Chrome 9.0.597.94 and IE 8.0

VinylLabs.com

Really dig your site. One thing kinda bugs me though.... When I click an image for preview, the youtube square overlays the gallery popup. Happening with Chrome 9.0.597.94 and IE 8.0

to change that, in the youtube link make sure wmode is transparent
ie: inside the object tag add
PHP:
 <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
then inside the embed tag add in
PHP:
wmode="transparent"

phototec

Programing Error?

Something wrong with your programing from scratch!

When I select Vehicle Wrap Design, the YouTube - How to Be Creative.. selection box overlays the Jack Rabbit Signs car photo and will not go away...

I have never had this happen on ANY other website, I'm using Internet Explorer (see screen capture below).

Attachments

• Screen Capture.jpg
    Screen Capture.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 104

Jim Doggett

Anyone use WIX to design their website?

This 2 minute video makes this look very, very easy!

http://www.wix.com/how-to/getting-started

Something to consider is, I believe, should you design a Web site? I think not. Consider this: a great looking template is what you package your content within. Your content is all that matters. The Web "design" must conform to, not get in the way off, and intuitively guide folks to, YOUR CONTENT.

Choosing a Web page design, seems to me, to be exactly backward.

Moreover, the Web has about as many great-looking sites as there are humans on the planet. Maybe an exaggeration, but not by too much. How do you rise above that noise? Will a template get you there? (No; not even close.)

Plus, where do you spend money, online? Check your credit card statement and then look at those sites. Any cool, great-looking template/easy-up sites where you spend money?

If an eBay cutter makes me a sign maker, I guess Web templates make me an online marketer.

IMHO,

Jim

VinylLabs.com

Something wrong with your programing from scratch!

When I select Vehicle Wrap Design, the YouTube - How to Be Creative.. selection box overlays the Jack Rabbit Signs car photo and will not go away...

I have never had this happen on ANY other website, I'm using Internet Explorer (see screen capture below).

to change that, in the youtube link make sure wmode is transparent
ie: inside the object tag add
PHP:
 <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
then inside the embed tag add in
PHP:
wmode="transparent"

I posted the fix right before you ;)

it's the embed tag from youtube.

Jon Aston

Somewhat echoing Jimmy D's comments...

If "having a website" is your goal... knock yourself out. Wix is probably as good and easy as anything else out there.

If generating qualified leads is your goal, then you either need to commit to really learning alot of new stuff about inbound marketing, analytics and optimization, etc... or you should hire someone who knows what they're doing and can produce the business results you want to achieve.

signmeup

If an eBay cutter makes me a sign maker, I guess Web templates make me an online marketer.

IMHO,

Jim
Hey! I resemble that remark!
Are you a signmaker... or do you sell printers or tools or....?

Anyway.....
I have had some pretty horrendous websites in my time and I have sold a pile of stuff from them. My biggest success has come from combining marketing devices. I used to run magazine adds and write articles in those same magazines to generate interest in my products. I always made sure to mention my web addy in all my articles and adds. Then I joined several forums that involved the products I was hawking. Hey... that sounds really familiar....

Craig Sjoquist

Ahhh I just went to Wix signed up started making a website way cool I like FREE websites.
I buy a domain or sometimes not make a website works for me since I don't have big bucks to buy software or other needed stuff to earn more I do what I can for free this builds my sales up slow but sure and riding on a bicycle really is not a good sales transport, but the net sure s jobs sold before I arrive so they pay no mind then about bicycle.
Thank you for sharing not found this one, I just found a new one this week called at weebly.com and use 000webhost.com for most of mine do you know of others out there ??

signmeup

"I've been developing since I was 11."
You didn't say what you were developing so I assumed you meant breasts. I wondered how big they had gotten. (that's a joke son... I say... a joke.)