• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wolly Gator: Hand Painted and Lettered

Palmetto Joe

And you need a computer and software...but if someone gave you a quill...you stick it in your asshole..and enjoy it....you be surprised the money that's in Florida...Lol.

Palmetto Joe

I dont know... If you live in a trailer park, you might need the money!

I too can steal a photo off the internet and make any sign look great... my kid learned to use scissors in the first grade, its not that much of a leap using a box cutter. Reproducing peoples artwork is easy... Anyone with a printer can do it. Creating your own, is where I find the real skill to be.

No shame in admitting if you suck at it, either. I cant design worth **** - Thats why I don't do design work and only produce customer files...well, with their permission, of course.
I bet you can also Jerkoff with your tight hand also....paint something like that and hand letter and impress everyone here

ikarasu

I bet you can also Jerkoff with your tight hand also....paint something like that and hand letter and impress everyone here
Its a hanah barbera cartoon... Hand painting one of those isn't exactly picaso work :confused:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...567a91fc8f320!8m2!3d27.5208664!4d-82.5574003# Looks like your paint is flaking off quite a bit as well! Was your first photo when it was just finished, or after touch ups?

How did you make the sign? Prime it? We have one guy who still paints signs by hand. It's very rare, but when he does it we usually spend just as long prepping the piece as he does painting it - 2-3 coats of primer with a sand inbetween, then it gets painted... sometimes if its in an area like yours we know it will take abuse we'll give it a clear coat overtop. Makes it last longer with less flaking.

ikarasu

I never implied, nor pretended to be a hand painter. So thats like me demanding you go record yourself singing cotton eye'd joe, then calling you a bitch because you cant.

Show me some original work that isn't stolen / copied and I'm sure more people here will be impressed!

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Adam, tell us what's really on your mind.
Didn't think it was worth it, it was just a smart alec comment about this pic:

Attachments

• 1652800266432.png
    1652800266432.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 164