• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Work Order scheduler and tracker software?

Hi guys, Right now we've got a several trays for each station. Design layout (2 stations) assembly (2 stations), and installations + accounting...each station has roughly 4+ trays/folders. I'm finding I'm spending so much time each day to find where a work order is at if a customer decides to just pop in and whomever is working on the order isn't around or available. I was looking around a while back for a piece of software that would make every work order electronic and schedule it all. Idealy it would also tie into our accounting software and/or inventory. That way anybody from any station could look and see where a particular job is at in the production line. Does anybody know of a magical piece of software like this?

activitydude

I can send you an email with more information on Shop Floor if you wish. I'm creating the web site as I go so getting feedback like this helps me find out what to put out there. :thankyou:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Filemaker PRO is awesome. I use it for job tickets and its infinitely adjustable and customizable.

ChiknNutz

I just made an MS Access db that we use as a Project Tracker. It doesn't collect invoices and estimtes, just for tracking progress of the job. It's actually working really well for us as it's set up to produce different reports to hightlight jobs in different ways (priority, status, who it's assigned to, stage of the project, etc.). Further, I've made it so it can be shared on a network.

Signsforwhile

I just made an MS Access db that we use as a Project Tracker. It doesn't collect invoices and estimtes, just for tracking progress of the job. It's actually working really well for us as it's set up to produce different reports to hightlight jobs in different ways (priority, status, who it's assigned to, stage of the project, etc.). Further, I've made it so it can be shared on a network.

Hmm....interested....can you elaborate on how to go about doing this?

ChiknNutz

As in...how to actually code the database? Yikes, that would take a while to actually explain. I can post some screenshots after a while here.

ChiknNutz

For any interested, here are some screenshots from the database.

Attachments

• PT_main.jpg
    PT_main.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 147
  • PT_search.jpg
    PT_search.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 127
  • PT_browse.jpg
    PT_browse.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 131
  • PT_stage.jpg
    PT_stage.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 126
  • PT_database.jpg
    PT_database.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 103
  • PT_reports.jpg
    PT_reports.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 97
  • PT_report-assigned.jpg
    PT_report-assigned.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 111
  • PT_report-details.jpg
    PT_report-details.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 121

iSign

nice work Chris!
You seem pretty organized.

I hope to develop a better system as the year progresses, and my staff is expected to increase.

For now I have a basic system that I will build on until I need an all new structure, possibly from a software package.

Right now, my jobs are all in file folders. My file cabinet has 26 alphabetical sections & each section has color coded files, "A" is all blue, "B" is all red...

Each letter has a "MISC_A" and then dozens of client folders. Any worthy new business gets a folder. A kid ordering a few decals for his band may go in a "MISC" folder

My desk has 2 racks for Jobs-in-Progress folders, and one "MISC-JOBS" folder.

Each week, I start a new list of all jobs for our Monday meeting. I start with last weeks form, cross off done jobs, & copy the rest to this weeks form. Then I check files on my desk for any that got pulled during the week when a job came in. These get added, and then I flip through my MISC JOBS file to add the rest.

My work sheet has 3 columns for check marks identifying each entry as Quote, Pending or Job. Then it shows Client, and Job Description. Last is 4 columns with initials of 3 employees, followed by a Due Date column.

My step daughter just returned to work part time again, and we just decided to start tomorrow to switch to having her fill out the form on the computer instead of hand written.

Here is this weeks hand written form attached below.

I've switched from writing a due date to assigning priority 1, 2 or 3 designations. Actual due dates (when I'm forced to give one) are on the work order.

The check boxes under an employee's initials means that person will be involved, and sometimes 2 people are involved on the same job. We plan to start using a highlighter marker on that employees check box to show when the paperwork is handed off to one of my staff. This would be done in the meeting and each of us would mark if someone other then me will keep the file at their desk. Our desks are all 12 ft. apart, so this isn't critical, but I'm looking to begin creating systems that can grow with us, so there may be such a thing as "too organized" ...but I'd prefer to err on that extreme, if any.

We may also set up a dry erase board to fill in to match, for quick at-a-glance overview that easily gets seen throughout each day to keep our focus on our priorities.

Attachments

• weeklymeeting.jpg
    weeklymeeting.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 123

activitydude

If you are still interested in seeing our program I put a slide show together on our website, click on Advantage, and will be more than happy to arrange an on-line demo for you

activitydude

Our package starts at $1995.00 for one user. That includes everything except the E-Advantage features. It does include Inventory Manager.

We have a keyles solution so it will not interfere with graphics keys.

Don't let sticker shock stop you. We have customers all over the world and some that clear $100,000 a year with the help of Activity Software. The price you pay for the program is very small compared to ROI.

Send an email to sales@activitysoftware.com and we'll set up an on-line demo for you.

nate

I invite you to check out Activity Software. We offer all those features in one package and a Shop Floor module for keeping instant track of where a job is in your shop.

www.activitysoftware.com

I'd be interested in seeing your software but your website is too hard to see anything on. Anyway you can just give us JPG screen shots? The flash things are too small to see any detail.

activitydude

Hm. I just redid the Advantage page. It's got white lettering and a scroll through of our product. If it's still to difficult to see let me know and I'll make some more changes. I want everyone to be able to see and understand our product.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hm. I just redid the Advantage page. It's got white lettering and a scroll through of our product. If it's still to difficult to see let me know and I'll make some more changes. I want everyone to be able to see and understand our product.

Not sure if you realize it but the "Advantage" and "E-Advantage" text are not linked to anything.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I hates software. :Oops: Try it now.

That works now but I have to agree with other posters ... It's too small to see what's what. I would expect to be able to click on any individual screen and see a larger one which would show all detail.

I'm viewing it on a 20" monitor set to 1152 x 864.

cOrKinSA

Any idea when I will get an email to try out your program?
You haven't even responded to the PM I sent you?
WHERE IS THE LOVE!!!