• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would like to locate clipart pertaining to logging

threeputt

It can be of the cartoon variety or more in the illustrator style. Should be good, clean, line artwork. (fills and gradients ok)

Any suggestions? It's kind of hard to find, I'm finding.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You will have to check on copyrights

Attachments

• logging.jpg
    logging.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 81
  • logging-3.jpg
    logging-3.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 92
  • logging-2.jpg
    logging-2.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 82

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
What happened to creating artwork? Now we are asking others to do it for us....
Image:Akeley-Minnesota-Paul-Bunyan.jpg

Air Art Girl

Ha, Threeput, guess you have to be from the NW to really know what logging is. Rep recreated a cross cut saw for a company that does cutting for fire breaks during wild fire season. Just look up some REAL logging pic (being in Longview I know you know what I mean) find something you like and create it.

threeputt

AirArt, I guess I'm going to have to do that. I do subscribe to and advertise in a couple of national logging trade publications. It's for a niche market I've created.

Do you happen to know if it's okay to use photos that have appeared in those publications, do a trace here and there, scab in another trace or drawing, or what have you to get a piece of art? Basically use truck poses, equipment poses, even personnel poses, and such?

Not wanting to run afoul, but it seems to me that the resultant artwork would be pretty "disguised". Or do you have to take the photos yourself? Or purchase something you happen to find that's just right?

I'm talking about creating line art where identifying details can be left out or altered.

Anyone know for a certainty?