• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrap gone really wrong

J

john1

Wow, doesn't surprise me really what hack shops are doing.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Owning a bright, school bus yellow H1 and then having in it wrapped matte black?
Seems like the owner wasn't any smarter than the wrap company.

wayne k
guam usa

JoshLoring

There has to be more to that story. I don't see any spray paint flaws where the wrap was removed either...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe they pre-primered all the joints knowing they would be cutting into the original paint installing the wrap.

wayne k
guam usa

John L

The spray bomb technique on the corners is surprising but, to me, no more surprising than the initial idea of wrapping it to achieve matte black. Just paint.

96XP

Hmm, from an artistic perspective, that blunder would make a good grunge texture map. Has that distressed feel.
Add a few green and gray blotches, a few more rivets, and it could be more like a techno apocalyptic camo used on a futuristic film set. Albeit, not what was on order I suppose. Doh.

natedawg9640

i didn't read too far into it for details, but if that's plasti-dip, then there's nothing to worry about and you all got trolled. if it's actually spray paint. then shame on them.