• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrap gone really wrong

natedawg9640

so what's the verdict? was it paint or plastidip? It makes a huge amount of sense to do that if they used plastidip. I just did the same thing to my car when i carbon wrapped it, but i used PD, not spray paint.

quicksigns

Am I missing something, cause looking at the picture, it doesn't look like a wrap. It just look like a matte paint job on the corner and edge of a yellow hummer.

J

john1

Am I missing something, cause looking at the picture, it doesn't look like a wrap. It just look like a matte paint job on the corner and edge of a yellow hummer.

:covereyes:

It was the aftermath of the removed wrap....

quicksigns

:covereyes:

It was the aftermath of the removed wrap....

Sorry, but I still don't see it. It just look like a bad idea for a paint job. I don't see the layer of vinyl that was remove. It just look like a matte black that was sprayed over a yellow hummer. If it was a removed wrap, wouldn't you at least see some sort of vinyl layer?

CheapVehicleWrap

Sorry, but I still don't see it. It just look like a bad idea for a paint job. I don't see the layer of vinyl that was remove. It just look like a matte black that was sprayed over a yellow hummer. If it was a removed wrap, wouldn't you at least see some sort of vinyl layer?

Well, we could just be prepping it to be wrapped or have already removed and resold the pre-owned wrap.

Marlene

I think this is after all the vinyl was removed so you wouldn't see any vinyl of any kind in the photo, only the areas that were sprayed matte black so when the wrap was done poorly, you wouldn't see bits of yellow paint.

my bet is this was done by the lowest bidder....

heyskull

I wouldn't blame the installer for this.
I reckon they would of told the customer that this was gonna be a nightmare wrapping black.
They probably gave him two options, the properly applied and the cheap one and he chose the later!

SC

quicksigns

Noooo, I don't think they prep it just for the wrap, I think it was meant to be painted the way it was, cause the matte paint job on the edges doesn't look too bad, so why didnt they just painted the whole thing matte black. I mean they are already half way there by painting the matte black, why go back and add a wrap?

CheapVehicleWrap

Noooo, I don't think they prep it just for the wrap, I think it was meant to be painted the way it was, cause the matte paint job on the edges doesn't look too bad, so why didnt they just painted the whole thing matte black. I mean they are already half way there by painting the matte black, why go back and add a wrap?

You can't just rattle can the whole thing. It would de-value the vehicle and just be all around cheap.

natedawg9640

also. if you want matte black, you're better off wrapping. a decent matte paint job is spendy and a pain to take care of.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
You cant plastidip than wrap. Vinyl will pull the plastidip right off.