• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap my Hoopty!

HotWraps

About once a week I receive a call from someone inquiring about vehicle wraps. They always want their old '76 - '86 POS wrapped in graphics of the dumbest stuff (i.e. The Flintstones, Winter-fresh Gum, Lemon Drops Candy, even cold sores medication. )

I always turn them away. Has anyone else heard of this? It can't only be an Ohio thing.

Mosh

I get people all the time. "hey can't you just cover this rust up with a sticker?" I can tell a legit customer so I lay on them it is $8,000 for a wrap "fur a sticker? your nuts"

Most guys like this don't even have $8.

ProWraps

we wrapped this last week.

Attachments

• mcdonalds_ghetto_car.0.0.0x0.500x375.jpeg
    mcdonalds_ghetto_car.0.0.0x0.500x375.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 119

tanneji

haha we have one with the simpsons that comes in once every 6 months etc ... he draws stuff, has us vectorize, print and contour cut it, and then apply ... its always funny to see him around town driving that thing

GK

It is very big down south. I see it a lot on show cars from the south, usually Impalas / Caprices with rims and lift kits, weird sub culture I guess.

** this is not my work, just found it to show the example.

Attachments

• 3399451325_37059b3f19.jpg
    3399451325_37059b3f19.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

rjpjr

I'm Guessing General Mills and McDonald's would not approve of these. Isn't this an abuse of copyrighted artwork?

TheSnowman

I'm not gonna lie...this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why do they think this looks cool? I can't figure it out for the life of me. Maybe I'm too in touch w/ my "Small Town White Guy" self or something. I don't get into the big rims and stuff...give me a 4' X 4' and a 6" lift w/ Mickey Thompsons on it ANY DAY!

Pat Whatley

I'm Guessing General Mills and McDonald's would not approve of these. Isn't this an abuse of copyrighted artwork?

It's advertising...why wouldn't they approve?
:ROFLMAO:

Granted, 99% of them look ridiculous, but there is a small group who actually gets sponsorship money for doing it. There's a local guy with a "SPRITE" themed car. He claims he's got over $80,000 in the car (Impala SS, I think) but got Coca-Cola to sponsor him for part of it. They pay him an appearance fee to attend several big car shows a year plus bonus money for any magazine or television coverage.

The guys we've dealt with over the years have all had three things in common: Nice as hell, no real job, always paid well and in cash.

stillhasdust

It is huge here in NC and Florida. I have seen skittles, absolute vodka, reese's, Cap'n Crunch, and others.

On a side note incase you have people calling in saying they have a box or a bubble they want wrapped they are refering to chevy caprices and crown vics. The box is for the '91 and belows and the bubbles are for the '92 and higher. Thought you would like to know that just incase you do want to deal with these people.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here's one we did at the beginning of summer. It came in as as one..... and out as another.

before.jpg

after.jpg

It could happen.................:ROFLMAO:​

speedmedia

Here's one we did at the beginning of summer. It came in as as one..... and out as another.

It could happen.................:ROFLMAO:​

Gino, that is bad ass! Wrap came out great! I think i am going to try my truck next.

As for the others... Not my cup of tea, but you could really probably get quite creative with some of them. I seen a couple down in Nashville a few weeks ago. Pretty funny. Nothing like putting a wrap and wheels on a POS car.

Thanks,
Kurt

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We used to get $7,800 for design, print and installation, but since we've been studying Mushputz's training guide, we're now doing lots more of them for $245.00 each..... with a dozen ears of feed corn and two squirrels without pork or beef filler. Oh, we also throw in a courtesy 12-pak of throw away bottles. In the back of Mushputz's book there is a chapter on how not to recycle and how to get rid of your unwanteds.

:rock-n-roll:

tcorn1965

we used to get $7,800 for design, print and installation, but since we've been studying mushputz's training guide, we're now doing lots more of them for $245.00 each..... With a dozen ears of feed corn and two squirrels without pork or beef filler. Oh, we also throw in a courtesy 12-pak of throw away bottles. In the back of mushputz's book there is a chapter on how not to recycle and how to get rid of your unwanteds.
:rock-n-roll:
:roflmao::roflmao: