• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping my old car

SignStudent

I want to do a partial wrap on my vehicle but the surface is really bad. I attached a couple pics for you to see. Is there something I can do without investing a lot of money. Something simple like wet sanding or applying some cheap wax or primer 94?. I don't really care if it messes up the paint because it's a junk car anyway.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 99
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

btropical.com

just do it , love old neons . maybe put a base layer on rear deck hide some inconsistencies. Drive a little faster and who gives a crap you will still look good. Seen a lot of wraps on perfect finish cars that look like a turd , put a couple of naked chics on there

phototec

Just wrap it, show folks what you can do!

That looks like the Clear Coat is failing, so I would wet sand the whole car or at least the bad areas and then take it to a body shop and have them put a new Clear Coat finish on it before you do the partial wrap. That way the part of the car that's not wrapped will look as good as the wrapped part.

The second option, and this would be what I would do if I were you, is just lightly sand down the rough edges myself, and wrap the WHOLE car, it look great, like a new vehicle!

Craig Sjoquist

Yes wet sand it and get it at smooth as you care cause it will show after wrapped, this is your show piece and if I'm a customer wanting a wrap, and see the before pictures of that car and after I put my hands on it and it's smooth ..I'd be impressed.

SignStudent

Okay I'm gonna wet sand it then. Now I just have to come up with a design...Expect some more posts as I go through the process of designing/wrapping. I've got a 95 thunderbird with the same paint problems as well which I plan to wrap.

phototec

Inspiration

Okay I'm gonna wet sand it then. Now I just have to come up with a design...Expect some more posts as I go through the process of designing/wrapping. I've got a 95 thunderbird with the same paint problems as well which I plan to wrap.

Here is some inspiration for ya, a 1985 Chevette!

Attachments

• 1985 Chevette Before.jpg
    1985 Chevette Before.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1985 Chevette After.jpg
    1985 Chevette After.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 88