• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X3 is here!

S

Sharp Images

I hate to admit it, because I am a strong believer in CorelDraw and it's abilities and have been using it since version 2. It has come a LONG way from there!....BUT It sounds to me like they are trying to be more like Adobe (CS11) and also like Lance said avoiding the dreaded number 13!

I am downloading the trial just for fun, but don't believe in upgrading just because some software company comes out with a new release. I used 12 for a while and decided to return to Corel 11.

ChiknNutz

I haven't really put it thru it's paces yet, but I do really like how they've improved the node count on contours. The new PowerTrace is really good IMO so far. I also dig the improved text2path. I also got it to pull in a PDF that kept crapping out in 12. Looks good so far!

Cadmn

well I started waaaaay back in r1went to r3,r5,r9,r12 i find in most softs companies their odd numbered releases are a bit rough. but we'll seee

Lance

Interesting you should say that.
I've heard the opposite, that the even no's are a test bed for the real thing. This fits with many peoples thoughts that CD9 is one of the better V's.
I have 4 & 9 and will prolly go to X3 when it's available.
I love the Powertrace and Text to Path, so much fun !!

best

lance

Shovelhead

It'a amazing how opinions vary.....

with anything in general, not just this software discussion here.
I thought that COREL 9 was utterly attrocious, as with any odd numbered COREL release. Comfortable with 12.....but might poney-up the $199 for the upgrade
for grins and giggles.
While I'm on the COREL topic....a huuuuuge featured need in COREL is
when doing multiple page layouts with different scales......it should automatically
default to whatever scale you're in instead of having to "break apart".
Also, a docker that shows what scale you're in instead of double-clicking on the ruler.
Have a lovely day people.
Uncle Shovel
:Welcome: