• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X3 question

tzn_motorsports

I have a customer that want a logo with interlocking hearts in a circle. I am trying to find the "easy" way of doing it. I was also thinking about taking a celtic heart (I already have that image) and duplicating it arould a circle. Is there a way to do it so that they are "perfect" without doing each one. I am trying to do it manually but am having a hard time getting the angles correct so that they all look the same.

Thanks
Brad

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Shovelhead

Pretend the squares are hearts......

copy and paste top and bottom hearts...
click the pasted hearts twice to expose the skew and rotate tools....
while pressing "Ctrl" grab the rotate arrow and rotate.........
they will constrain to 30 degrees.........
copy and paste the 30 degrees hearts and repeat steps until circle is complete

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 135

niksagkram

copy and paste top and bottom hearts...
click the pasted hearts twice to expose the skew and rotate tools....
while pressing "Ctrl" grab the rotate arrow and rotate.........
they will constrain to 30 degrees.........
copy and paste the 30 degrees hearts and repeat steps until circle is complete
The "duplicate" command (ctrl+d) works well for this too.

Make your top and bottom hearts, duplicate (ctrl+d) rotate 30 degrees,and now, while this duplicate is still selected, duplicate again. Corel will repeat the 30 degree command each time you duplicate your selected hearts. (ctrl+d, ctrl+d, ctrl+d, ctrl+d, etc..)

One thing though, make sure your duplicate distance is set to zero for both x & y axis, as in attached image.

Mark :beer

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You guys work too hard...

Just set up a pair of opposing hearts as Shovelhead did and combine them into a single object.

Then do Arrange->Transformation->Rotate. Select the degrees to rotate, any number thats a factor of 180 will work, the smaller the more overlap. Make sure that the Relative Center is unchecked and the center of the 3x3 grid is selected. Now just press Apply to Duplicate as many times as is necessary to fill in the circle.

The whole process should take less than 30 seconds.

Attachments

• hearts.jpg
    hearts.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 132

niksagkram

You guys work too hard...

Just set up a pair of opposing hearts as Shovelhead did and combine them into a single object.

Then do Arrange->Transformation->Rotate. Select the degrees to rotate, any number thats a factor of 180 will work, the smaller the more overlap. Make sure that the Relative Center is unchecked and the center of the 3x3 grid is selected. Now just press Apply to Duplicate as many times as is necessary to fill in the circle.

The whole process should take less than 30 seconds.

Bob... thats basically what I said, except I used the short cut keys. And you are right, it takes less than 30 seconds.

BTW... don't ever accuse me of working hard again!! :biggrin: :Canada 2: :thumb:

Last edited:

Lance

I love it when you blokes don't work hard, cos it means the rest of us don't have to either.
Thanks for the clues fellers.