• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Xd-540 test print troubleshooting.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I wish I had seen this sooner... When you swapped the cables, it should have been stated that you need to swap the cables completely, meaning not just at the printhead end. If you hopefully completely swapped the cables, then you probably have a bad cable that blew the fuse. If you crisscrossed the cables, then you have blown the C group fuse. You can replace the fuse yourself, as this printer has fuse holders on the head board and Solventinkjet on here sells them. Hopefully, it only blew the fuse and didn't do any other damage. The circuitry inside the heads is completely different on the two sides, so if you crisscrossed the ribbons, all kinds of voltages and signals went to all the wrong places. Before you call a tech in, as he's likely going to tell you that you need a new head board, replace the fuse and both ribbons on that head and see what happens.

Jharris81

Well……..Crap! Lol. Good thing I do t use it a lot at the moment. I will get the fuses and some new cables and go from there. Thank you guys for all the help. It is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jharris81

Anyone have or know of some pictures of where the head board fuses are? Been googling it but not really finding anything.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
They're little.

Attachments

• XC-fuses.jpg
    XC-fuses.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 85

Jharris81

Thank you. I ordered them this morning with 2 new cables. Hopefully be here this weekend and I can work on it.

Jharris81

Ok so got my parts in and apparently didn’t click the 15” cables so ended up with 13” ones that don’t reach, but either way I replaced the fuse and fully swapped the cables to see if the problem followed the cables and it does not so I’m pretty sure it’s not the cables going to the head, but I am back to this,
0ca5cd37d34623d667b9ae4b6de250f4.jpg

What would be the next step. I do have a tech in the area that will come look at it.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
It's got ot be a ink flow issue then. So....

Check line for leak.
Check Damper to make sure it's not crap (puffy and swollen or just empty)
Check manifold to make sure there isn't a crack in it. (That's the black piece on the head that the damper plugs into)
Check the cap-top (sometimes the hose on these gest coagulated ink in them like a blood clot and they don't draw ink)
Check the drain hose from the pump to the drain bottle to make sure it's clear... although this isn't one side related.
Also swap the ink cartridges. See if it's something there.

I think that's everything... at least off the top of my head.

Good luck man!