• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You trippin?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it's always money steering the cause. You need to look at who will..... or does benefit from findings. How controlled are the experiments. Who is conducting the experiments and what findings are tossed aside so as not to interfere with someone's outcome(s). Without these watchdogs in place and one's not governed by political or monetary findings will yield many of the natural conclusions. It's as crooked as the political playing field and all the government bullsh!t going on today.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Legalize it. Tax it. And now I'm going to share a story...

Every year for over five years the doctors told my husband he would not make it to the end of the year. Every. Single. Year. And for five years he basically told them "screw you - yes I will" and did. They tried to prescribe him massive amounts of drugs I didn't even want in my house - like oxycontin at the height of the crisis in Tennessee. He refused. Flash forward to the last couple years of his life. He got a new primary doc. He got a new cardiologist. After extensive testing they told him the same thing all the other ones did - they couldn't understand how he was able to function - let alone still be alive with the massive pain and heart problems he had. So he told them - he smoked a helluva lot of pot. Like a lot. Instead of their pills (now don't get me wrong - he took meds he needed but not for pain or to function), he smoked. This is before medical marijuana was legal in Florida. Science said he should be dead. The doctors directly attributed his ability to function - and with that his ability to stay alive - to the pot. Both of them. When it came down to hospice care, he needed a little more for pain, but still refused the oxy. He had been given less than six months to live. He lasted over a year - almost a year and a half. His hospice doc and nurse knew how much pot he smoked - and both said ON THE RECORD that it was because the marijuana allowed him to function. So yes - as far as I'm concerned marijuana is a useful medical tool instead of formulated chemical. And the doctors agreed AND documented it in his medical records.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
I say, Let the people who want to get stoned, get stoned. Let the people who want to have a drink or twelve, have a drink or twelve. As long as you are doing whatever mind altering drug you want to do in a safe manner, I don't care.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For that, Bigdawg, I wholeheartedly agree with you. That is how is should be administered and I think that is/was the initial intentions. I'm talking about the abusers and users just using it as an excuse and still doing damage to other peoples' lives and loved ones, by making dumb stupid judgement calls and being on the road or behind machinery. Drinking, smokers any kinda drugs whatsoever, should not be tolerated if you had more than a certain limit. Believe me, you know it, when someone cannot function, but still says they can drive, because they sure can't walk or think.

TimToad

I call BS on many things. There are some things it can be used for but that's not why 99% of people use it. Additionally, its made out to be this cure all for every ailment under the sun with absolutely zero side effects or future health implications..

I'm not comparing it to pollution, like I said earlier, one does not negate the other, both are bad in your lungs..

Yes, I'm totally aware that there are 0 THC strains. So if were going to make the medical argument, why aren't only these the strains available with the exception of forms with THC for people with cancer? To me, its simple. People want to get high.

As far as it being crammed down my neck, I didn't mean literally people trying to make me use it. I meant people forcing me to accept their view when I do not think its proliferation is good. I think its better as it is so people respect it and are more modest in its use.

My main beef is that people are just not honest about it, it's use, it's effects and really themselves. If they would just say we want it legal because we want to get stoned then it wouldn't annoy me so much.

No, you definitely tried to make a false and disproportionate comparison between states legislating tougher emissions controls being somehow hypocritical about legalizing weed and being concerned about pollution and emissions from pot smokers. As if there are suddenly millions of bong carrying hippies assembling en masse doing "rolling green" demonstrations on a daily basis.

I know it wasn't the subject but I didn't see similar mentions of cigarette smokers of which there are many millions more of and who smoke way more "joints" per day in addition to the massive environmental and health impacts related to the growing, production and distribution of tobacco products.

I think making blanket statements and stereotyping people is dangerous and a hard thing to quantify across the board.

I'm not speaking for anyone else or am I receiving funds for pushing it on others.

I'm totally honest about my usage, it's effects on me, my doctor's lack of concern about ill health effects because I'm not exhibiting any, my risk to others, etc. I've been a frequent user for over 40 years, sometimes heavier, mostly lighter, have never had a DUI, never been arrested, never had a workplace accident or injury, never lost the farm because of it, never missed a day of work because of even a hangover from alcohol. I'm engaged in my community, active in local Chamber of Commerce activities, run a successful business, have run other successful businesses, played high level organized baseball into my 40's, hike, bike and do lots of outdoor recreation on a regular basis.

Am I an outlier in the greater weed consuming universe? Maybe, not not from what I see around me all these years. I see FAR more negative impacts from binge drinking and especially those who think because its lighter, 12 cans of Bud Light in a single sitting is somehow safer and less destructive than a puff or two on my vape pen.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
toad, you must be chewing on a gummy bear right now. He said the same people calling a stop to emissions are the same people allowing you to ruin your lungs.... not the frickin' atmosphere. Are you high, or what ?? No one's making blanket statements except, you. Now, you seem to call the shots and tend to think you're right, regardless of what the facts are. Things are now in better perspective that this little tidbit of information of your dependency is out.

I don't smoke pot. What's that make me, other than dull ?? You go off on a weekend blitz and brag about high consumption, low intake and you're all the better for it. Not to mention your alcohol intake. You're just a well rounded person, huh ?? How much better would you be, if you didn't depend on that little high all the time ?? After a while people just become so tolerant of a substance they don't even know they're doing it. Is that you ?? Sounds it.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
giphy.gif

Who would have thought weed would be such a hot topic on a Wednesday....

CanuckSigns

It's legal in Canada now, you can buy it online through a government website, or in a government approved dispensary, absolutely nothing has changed since it was legalized in October of last year, people that smoked before are still smoking, and others like myself are able to access high quality, tested pot without having to call some sketchy guy.

I agree that some people take it too far and it becomes a lifestyle, but I know people who do the same with alcohol, drinking 18 beers a day and having their lives revolve around it. But someone like myself who will have a joint on a friday night after the kids are in bed and my "adulting" is all done for the day, i see no issue.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It's legal in Canada now, you can buy it online through a government website, or in a government approved dispensary, absolutely nothing has changed since it was legalized in October of last year, people that smoked before are still smoking, and others like myself are able to access high quality, tested pot without having to call some sketchy guy.

I agree that some people take it too far and it becomes a lifestyle, but I know people who do the same with alcohol, drinking 18 beers a day and having their lives revolve around it. But someone like myself who will have a joint on a friday night after the kids are in bed and my "adulting" is all done for the day, i see no issue.

Even when kids are asleep, adults still need to be sober...never know what's going to happen in the middle of the night if one gets sick... If you got children under 18 you need to be "on and ready" 24/7.

I call BS on many things. There are some things it can be used for but that's not why 99% of people use it. Additionally, its made out to be this cure all for every ailment under the sun with absolutely zero side effects or future health implications..

I'm not comparing it to pollution, like I said earlier, one does not negate the other, both are bad in your lungs..

Yes, I'm totally aware that there are 0 THC strains. So if were going to make the medical argument, why aren't only these the strains available with the exception of forms with THC for people with cancer? To me, its simple. People want to get high.

As far as it being crammed down my neck, I didn't mean literally people trying to make me use it. I meant people forcing me to accept their view when I do not think its proliferation is good. I think its better as it is so people respect it and are more modest in its use.

My main beef is that people are just not honest about it, it's use, it's effects and really themselves. If they would just say we want it legal because we want to get stoned then it wouldn't annoy me so much.

I couldn't disagree more with most of the statements you've made up to this point. I'd like to see the actual 99% statistic that you speak of.

Personally, I suffer from a debilitating neurological condition called cervical dystonia (Cervical because lucky for me, it only affects my neck and upper body region). I receive Botox injections every 3 to 4 months which helps to varying degrees and if it weren't for the miracle neurotoxin, I'd be unable to work and likely be bedridden for the majority of my remaining adult life. I am one of the "1%" that you speak of. Although I use marijuana recreationally and have almost daily for over 30 years, I also use it medicinally as an alternative to taking muscle relaxers like orphenadrine, baclofen, and valium. Once I started using CBD oil regularly and did away with my doctor's recommendations to continue taking muscle relaxers, I found that it's not only an all-natural and healthier alternative to prescription muscle relaxers, but it actually works better than both muscle relaxers that I had been prescribed and was taking put together. CBD use reduces my pain by a very large margin, reduces muscle inflammation and the ticks, tremors, and spasms in my neck.

Your comment with regard to zero CBD strains, smoking, etc. shows a lack of knowledge on the subject of medical marijuana as a whole. Perhaps your impression that others are trying to cram things down your neck, is only because they are simply trying to help you realize that it can and often does impact many people's lives positively in ways far beyond what you think or care to acknowledge. It sounds more to me like you don't care to be educated about it and would just rather assume everybody just wants to get high. I personally know several people who are close to me that use it for medical purposes and some who use it solely for that reason alone. Some of these are people who would have never tried it prior to their diagnoses and certainly would have never believed that marijuana could change their life for the better, but that's exactly what it's done for them with Crohn's disease, chronic migraines, dystonias, cancer treatments, fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, chronic pain and many other conditions. Upset stomach? Stress? Sleeplessness? Yeah, it helps that too, and I'll bet many of the "99%" you speak of, are seeing those benefits as well, even though their primary intention is to use it recreationally.

The argument that it is bad for your lungs is a moot point as there are alternative ways to ingest and many people have found edibles to be a great alternative for them. I'm sure nobody out there is saying there are no side effects from cannabis use. It can cause drowsiness, loss of short term memory, dry mouth, etc. However, the fact that there have historically been no deaths ever directly linked to overdosing on marijuana speaks volumes.

Last edited:

TimToad

Legalize it. Tax it. And now I'm going to share a story...

Every year for over five years the doctors told my husband he would not make it to the end of the year. Every. Single. Year. And for five years he basically told them "screw you - yes I will" and did. They tried to prescribe him massive amounts of drugs I didn't even want in my house - like oxycontin at the height of the crisis in Tennessee. He refused. Flash forward to the last couple years of his life. He got a new primary doc. He got a new cardiologist. After extensive testing they told him the same thing all the other ones did - they couldn't understand how he was able to function - let alone still be alive with the massive pain and heart problems he had. So he told them - he smoked a helluva lot of pot. Like a lot. Instead of their pills (now don't get me wrong - he took meds he needed but not for pain or to function), he smoked. This is before medical marijuana was legal in Florida. Science said he should be dead. The doctors directly attributed his ability to function - and with that his ability to stay alive - to the pot. Both of them. When it came down to hospice care, he needed a little more for pain, but still refused the oxy. He had been given less than six months to live. He lasted over a year - almost a year and a half. His hospice doc and nurse knew how much pot he smoked - and both said ON THE RECORD that it was because the marijuana allowed him to function. So yes - as far as I'm concerned marijuana is a useful medical tool instead of formulated chemical. And the doctors agreed AND documented it in his medical records.

Thank you for sharing such a personal and touching story. I know some will simply dismiss it as anecdotal, but there are countless other similar stories. The case of the little girl named Charlotte in New Jersey who suffered from nearly 300 grand mal seizures every week practically launched the research and CBD movement. Some may remember her father confronting former Gov. Christie about his daughter's dilemma and being publicly hammered by Christie and his staff about it. He moved his family to Colorado and found a grower who had developed an anti-seizure compound which not only saved his daughter's life, turned it around completely.

https://medium.com/@liezeboshoff/th...b-can-it-work-for-your-child-too-ecc4382e40b7

View attachment upload_2019-5-15_17-24-51.png

Last edited:

TimToad

toad, you must be chewing on a gummy bear right now. He said the same people calling a stop to emissions are the same people allowing you to ruin your lungs.... not the frickin' atmosphere. Are you high, or what ?? No one's making blanket statements except, you. Now, you seem to call the shots and tend to think you're right, regardless of what the facts are. Things are now in better perspective that this little tidbit of information of your dependency is out.

I don't smoke pot. What's that make me, other than dull ?? You go off on a weekend blitz and brag about high consumption, low intake and you're all the better for it. Not to mention your alcohol intake. You're just a well rounded person, huh ?? How much better would you be, if you didn't depend on that little high all the time ?? After a while people just become so tolerant of a substance they don't even know they're doing it. Is that you ?? Sounds it.

STFU you old arsehole. The adults here are talking. You don't know Shiite, you don't add anything of value to the discussion, so go pound sand.

equippaint

I couldn't disagree more with most of the statements you've made up to this point. I'd like to see the actual 99% statistic that you speak of.

Personally, I suffer from a debilitating neurological condition called cervical dystonia (Cervical because lucky for me, it only affects my neck and upper body region). I receive Botox injections every 3 to 4 months which helps to varying degrees and if it weren't for the miracle neurotoxin, I'd be unable to work and likely be bedridden for the majority of my remaining adult life. I am one of the "1%" that you speak of. Although I use marijuana recreationally and have almost daily for over 30 years, I also use it medicinally as an alternative to taking muscle relaxers like orphenadrine, baclofen, and valium. Once I started using CBD oil regularly and did away with my doctor's recommendations to continue taking muscle relaxers, I found that it's not only an all-natural and healthier alternative to prescription muscle relaxers, but it actually works better than both muscle relaxers that I had been prescribed and was taking put together. CBD use reduces my pain by a very large margin, reduces muscle inflammation and the ticks, tremors, and spasms in my neck.

Your comment with regard to zero CBD strains, smoking, etc. shows a lack of knowledge on the subject of medical marijuana as a whole. Perhaps your impression that others are trying to cram things down your neck, is only because they are simply trying to help you realize that it can and often does impact many people's lives positively in ways far beyond what you think or care to acknowledge. It sounds more to me like you don't care to be educated about it and would just rather assume everybody just wants to get high. I personally know several people who are close to me that use it for medical purposes and some who use it solely for that reason alone. Some of these are people who would have never tried it prior to their diagnoses and certainly would have never believed that marijuana could change their life for the better, but that's exactly what it's done for them with Crohn's disease, chronic migraines, dystonias, cancer treatments, fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, chronic pain and many other conditions. Upset stomach? Stress? Sleeplessness? Yeah, it helps that too, and I'll bet many of the "99%" you speak of, are seeing those benefits as well, even though their primary intention is to use it recreationally.

The argument that it is bad for your lungs is a moot point as there are alternative ways to ingest and many people have found edibles to be a great alternative for them. I'm sure nobody out there is saying there are no side effects from cannabis use. It can cause drowsiness, loss of short term memory, dry mouth, etc. However, the fact that there have historically been no deaths ever directly linked to overdosing on marijuana speaks volumes.
You've been using it for 30 years and all of the sudden you can separate out that its helping your pain? Critically think about what you just said, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Your usage is constant, your pain was not. Basic logic says that it wasn't the pot. It was there beforehand, therefore pot did not quell anything. I don't have a lack of knowledge and you are doing nothing more than reinforcing what I already said. You like to smoke, you did before you do now. This has nothing to do with any condition, its a scapegoat. I have no problem with using it but call it for what it is. You guys are like talking to pitbull owners and anit-vaxers. All this anecdotal nonsense. Its not a universal drug that cures everything. My wife works in neurology, there is not 1 doctor, pa or np that I know that would buy into this . She, or anyone that I know, would ever prescribe marinol or pot for any condition and this has been a topic of conversation on multiple occasion.
Look, Im glad it works for you but insinuating that Im stupid and uneducated cuz I don't buy into pseudo science is a load of crap especially when you know nothing about me.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My wife... for her final paper had to do it on marijuana. Shes a maters level LCS and they have her study different treatments. Being a state university student she has access to scholarly journals and evidence based research papers that you dont just find on the internet. Its stuff you gotta pay for. She was amazing at the many levels of harmful effects of marijuana. She was always cool with it until she did the research and her paper on it. It's really destructive to the brain.

If she cited news articles in her research she would get laughed out of school..

Last edited:

HulkSmash

If they are too dumb to not know how to pass a drug test you probably don't want them working for you.

Uh, you can't punish or discriminate for pot smoking, especially if its for medical reasons, which is what everyone says, and can only prohibit it if you can prove to the city that the position is a "safety" position.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
STFU you old arsehole. The adults here are talking. You don't know Shiite, you don't add anything of value to the discussion, so go pound sand.

Yessum, whatever you say, cause you're the adult here. Go around eating gummy bears to hide your dumba$$ habits. Yeah, you're a real adult here, huh ?? Go pedal your crap wherever ya want, ya old bent addict. Some people just never grow up.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yessum, whatever you say, cause you're the adult here. Go around eating gummy bears to hide your dumba$$ habits. Yeah, you're a real adult here, huh ?? Go pedal your crap wherever ya want, ya old bent addict. Some people just never grow up.

I really dont remember or didnt understand what she was telling all was bad with weed, but I remember her saying that impulse control was one of the biggest things it harmed, especially if used before age 25.

We might be seeing some evidence of that here.