• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You trippin?

TimToad

I'm sure none of the mountain of easily obtained, PEER REVIEWED studies on both the risks and benefits of medical marijuana will satisfy those with an agenda to try and sell or the typical fears and phobias of being uninformed or personally inexperienced with something.

The only "evidence" being seen is that YOU started the damn thread, haven't barely contributed a positive thing to it and several of us wouldn't mind discussing it like adults if you and the other pinheaded asshole would STFU and leave people alone to do so.

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000884

https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/top-10-peer-reviewed-cannabis-studies/

Oh, let me "innocently" start yet another potentially divisive thread in the only unmoderated thread on Signs101 knowing that it will give me and my buddy who used to dump on me, but now we're BFFs a chance to dump on others because it feels so good to not contribute anything to an adult discussion but more divisiveness and rancor. AND GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THERE ARE NO MODERATORS WATCHING!

Bravo!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You sure are paranoid, there, toadster. Seems you might be using some laced stuff in your gummy bears. Ya know, if you keep up all this name calling and hissy fit dialog, you just might get your way. Like in your way of thinking, if ya yell and stomp your feet long enough and loud enough, someone's bound to come help you. Just don't pig out on all your gummy bears tonight or you might get a tummy ache. We can't have a toad with a tummy ache. It's not a very pleasant site when they up-chuck all those flies and gummy bears..............

What a tool, to use your words. A frickin' pot head addict. And it's not for medicinal use, so ya just do it for kicks. What a shame. Oops, that would mean I care.

Oh..... and belated Happy Birthday !!! Wonder what you had to eat ??

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm sure none of the mountain of easily obtained, PEER REVIEWED studies on both the risks and benefits of medical marijuana will satisfy those with an agenda to try and sell or the typical fears and phobias of being uninformed or personally inexperienced with something.

The only "evidence" being seen is that YOU started the damn thread, haven't barely contributed a positive thing to it and several of us wouldn't mind discussing it like adults if you and the other pinheaded ******* would STFU and leave people alone to do so.

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000884

https://www.wikileaf.com/thestash/top-10-peer-reviewed-cannabis-studies/

Oh, let me "innocently" start yet another potentially divisive thread in the only unmoderated thread on Signs101 knowing that it will give me and my buddy who used to dump on me, but now we're BFFs a chance to dump on others because it feels so good to not contribute anything to an adult discussion but more divisiveness and rancor. AND GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THERE ARE NO MODERATORS WATCHING!

Bravo!

1. I didn't start this thread having anything to do with YOU or MARIJUANA. I started it because I was in Colorado and was reading about MUSHROOMS so go back and read my first post because you already forgot about it....that stuff effects your memory. I had no idea you sit around all day and eat sissy pot gummies.

2. If it wasn't for my threads you would have nothing to post on here... You seem to take over EVERY thread I start that doesn't have anything to do with signs. So stop crying and acting like you hate my threads.

3. No credible source contains the word "wiki" in it

4. Take someone else's advise and try the suppositories... I hear they lessen the negative effects... and who knows, ya may like it...

Last edited:
You've been using it for 30 years and all of the sudden you can separate out that its helping your pain? Critically think about what you just said, this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Your usage is constant, your pain was not. Basic logic says that it wasn't the pot. It was there beforehand, therefore pot did not quell anything. I don't have a lack of knowledge and you are doing nothing more than reinforcing what I already said. You like to smoke, you did before you do now. This has nothing to do with any condition, its a scapegoat. I have no problem with using it but call it for what it is. You guys are like talking to pitbull owners and anit-vaxers. All this anecdotal nonsense. Its not a universal drug that cures everything. My wife works in neurology, there is not 1 doctor, pa or np that I know that would buy into this . She, or anyone that I know, would ever prescribe marinol or pot for any condition and this has been a topic of conversation on multiple occasion.
Look, Im glad it works for you but insinuating that Im stupid and uneducated cuz I don't buy into pseudo science is a load of crap especially when you know nothing about me.

So does it work for me or does it not work for me? Apparently, you can't seem to make up your mind.

First off, I never implied anyone was stupid or uneducated as a whole, just maybe uneducated about medical marijuana or the subject of marijuana in general. It's no different than me being uneducated about fly fishing or sky diving. Second of all, I never said it's a cure-all, but it certainly helps me and many others.

Being as I perhaps didn't explain myself well enough let me break it down for you. Yes, I have consumed marijuana for years, typical pot and other concentrations that are known to have high levels of THC and generally very low levels of CBD. I was diagnosed with my condition about six years ago and was prescribed a cocktail of muscle relaxers and Botox injections every three to four months. Five months ago, after hearing how much success many people, even those close to me, were having with CBD oil, I decided to give it a try. Five months later and I'm no longer on muscle relaxers and I'm consuming only CBD oil for pain management and inflammation with great success. Sorry if it strikes a nerve with you, but it's the truth. I have nothing to gain by spreading lies and BS. It's not like I own a pot business.

Stacey K

I like making signs
It's none of my business what drugs people take as long as it doesn't infringe on my. The only issue I have with legalizing mushrooms and pot is that there's no way to test to see if you're high or not - like there is for alcohol in the work place. You test positive for pot/shrooms there's no way to say if you did it last week or 15 minutes ago, unlike alcohol that can be precisely calculated. I don't want to work with ANYONE if they are drunk or high if I'm around equipment - or send my kids to daycare where the workers are high or shrooming.

CBD - I know MANY people who take it for anxiety and pain. An old farmer came into the shop telling me he started using CBD and was finally pain free after many years. My small town of 7,000 supports 3 CBD stores so apparently, I'm the only person in town who isn't taking it LOL

TimToad

It's none of my business what drugs people take as long as it doesn't infringe on my. The only issue I have with legalizing mushrooms and pot is that there's no way to test to see if you're high or not - like there is for alcohol in the work place. You test positive for pot/shrooms there's no way to say if you did it last week or 15 minutes ago, unlike alcohol that can be precisely calculated. I don't want to work with ANYONE if they are drunk or high if I'm around equipment - or send my kids to daycare where the workers are high or shrooming.

CBD - I know MANY people who take it for anxiety and pain. An old farmer came into the shop telling me he started using CBD and was finally pain free after many years. My small town of 7,000 supports 3 CBD stores so apparently, I'm the only person in town who isn't taking it LOL

And are droves of your fellow residents stumbling around town in a stupor looking to steal everything you own or at least buy every bag of Cheetos in every store?

I think what some of us are responding to is the insistence by some who have obviously seen Reefer Madness a few too many times that 99% of us who partake are part of some broad conspiracy to force our "habit" on others and a danger to everyone.

TimToad

Oh..... and those studies are about as authentic as your stories.
Do you even know what the words "peer reviewed" mean?

People do it every day here but you're too busy being a total asshat and crank to notice. People post something, members with some credentials and k pledge on a subject acting as one of their "peers" review the facts, opinions, research and then AFTER CAREFUL consideration and testing of the information for validity, they either confirm or reject the findings.

Any idiot knows this stuff.

TimToad

1. I didn't start this thread having anything to do with YOU or MARIJUANA. I started it because I was in Colorado and was reading about MUSHROOMS so go back and read my first post because you already forgot about it....that stuff effects your memory. I had no idea you sit around all day and eat sissy pot gummies.

2. If it wasn't for my threads you would have nothing to post on here... You seem to take over EVERY thread I start that doesn't have anything to do with signs. So stop crying and acting like you hate my threads.

3. No credible source contains the word "wiki" in it

4. Take someone else's advise and try the suppositories... I hear they lessen the negative effects... and who knows, ya may like it...

You might want to go back to the top and start over. SEVERAL other members brought up weed in the first few posts and I didn't post until the 12th post. My initial comments included reference to mushrooms and my perspective on what role they might have in mental healthcare. Nearly everyone else offered personal stories and experiences AS THEY ALWAYS DO, but you and your comrade NEVER seem to attack, insult, mock or ridicule anyone else.

Stacey K

I like making signs
And are droves of your fellow residents stumbling around town in a stupor looking to steal everything you own or at least buy every bag of Cheetos in every store?

I think what some of us are responding to is the insistence by some who have obviously seen Reefer Madness a few too many times that 99% of us who partake are part of some broad conspiracy to force our "habit" on others and a danger to everyone.

No, they are not stumbling around, CBD doesn't make you high. I don't care who smokes or shrooms, plenty of my friends do both. The issue I have is people using the lack of accurate testing as a loop hole so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. Companies can implement federal laws which override state laws. It's still a concern to me in the workplace and in general. Perhaps I'm thinking too much into it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yo mr toadster........ am I allowed to post yet ?? I mean the adults are talking and you've shamed me into not responding to you. I'm so-o-o-o-o scared.

Talking about the adults are talking..... you say that to me a lot, not mention you call me a lotta names, too. Not having kids, I'm sure you are basing many of your silly habits from the ones you picked up..... as a kid. Was that something the milkman used to say to you all the time ?? Ya know what they say about the milkman. Did he partake in drinking and smoking crap ?? I'm sure he needed medicinal something, carrying all those milk bottles around Chicago.

TimToad

No, they are not stumbling around, CBD doesn't make you high. I don't care who smokes or shrooms, plenty of my friends do both. The issue I have is people using the lack of accurate testing as a loop hole so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. Companies can implement federal laws which override state laws. It's still a concern to me in the workplace and in general. Perhaps I'm thinking too much into it.

Most of us are well aware of the differences and intoxicating effects between CBD based products and THC compounds.

I think we both and others else raise legitimate concerns about public safety, increased risk, the operation of machinery while under the influence, etc... I certainly don't want to hand a power tool capable of killing someone and have them do so while under the influence of anything. Nor as a concerned citizen, business owner and most importantly a former 911 Dispatcher who handled more than my share of domestic abuse cases, reckless drivers, industrial accidents, overdoses, etc. where drugs and alcohol played a role, I take the issue of mine and other's public sobriety very seriously.

Not that those facts or anything else matter in the slightest to my couple of detractors, but I started in this business working up on billboards and walls ( highest job to date was 275' above ground ) and to this day have never gone to work under the influence of anything but enthusiasm and passion for what we all do.

I don't see how any rational human being can't be or isn't far more concerned about the vastly higher levels of carnage, health risks, costs, domestic abuse rates and other negative societal impacts of tobacco and alcohol use, but it goes hand and hand with the lobbying and propaganda efforts of those industries as well as the government's role in perpetuating those efforts to feed the prison/industrial complex.

The amount of testing, dosage synchronization and science that producers are being forced to comply seems to be quite rigorous and thorough. Let's not forget that in the case of the states who have now legalized for recreational use, they were all on the forefront of legislating medical use, so its not like they are all flying by the seat of their pants.

clarizeyale

If we're going back to the original post, I think after mushrooms, ecstasy/MDMA would probably be the next thing to maybe be decriminalized but for medicinal use for those with PTSD. The drug itself is not addictive but the feels you get from it can cause a user to be dependent on it. I think if it were more controlled to help those with PTSD, it could be beneficial.

---

With cannabis, I do stand by the importance of first usage to be at least after the age of 18. I think a lot of old friends who smoked at a younger age has stopped smoking or took a long break before smoking/consuming again. Your brain definitely needs to develop fully in order to properly use cannabis recreationally. If medicinally, there are strains that are lower in THC% but have all the other compounds (cannabinoids) that can help with whatever ailments someone has. Cannabis is not addictive but again, the feels you get can make one dependent (which I think is why people think it's addicting). I'd definitely prefer to get high from cannabis than high off Vicodin, codeine, percs, Xanax, etc. (which all, btw, are legal and can be prescribed to you by a doctor and has been abused recreationally and used medicinally). I think cannabis is also a much more safe alternative than drinking and you don't get a hangover (you can feel a bit groggy in the morning from edibles if you sleep too soon after eating it).

There are definitely things I won't do after consuming cannabis like operating machinery and I choose not to drive (but people still drive buzzed or drunk...… yet alcohol is okay).. But I do like to draw, do certain tasks like write, read, exercise, and even cook. You don't even have to get high but it seems like that's how a lot of you see it. Cannabis can help ease anxiety, help you get hungry (cuz eating disorders exist), remind you to relax... It's not as extreme as you all are making it out to be... it definitely is my equivalent to a glass of wine (or a beer or 5 for you dudes) after a long day at work.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I don't use any mind-altering substances. There is already enough competition in the world from people smarter then I, so i don't want to do anything that aides in bringing myself lower.

Frankly, if more of you smoke or use substances, that makes me as a sober person more valuable.

gabagoo

I do work with one of the many new cannabis companies up here in Ontario. Within walking range of my shop , there facility must be 100,000 sq ft and they only process the oils there. They have greenhouses down near Niagara Falls and grow all their own plants. A huge industry has sprouted from a simple law change. I now hear they are going to make non alcoholic wine and infuse oils in them for those that can't drink alcohol....just incredible!!!

TimToad

If we're going back to the original post, I think after mushrooms, ecstasy/MDMA would probably be the next thing to maybe be decriminalized but for medicinal use for those with PTSD. The drug itself is not addictive but the feels you get from it can cause a user to be dependent on it. I think if it were more controlled to help those with PTSD, it could be beneficial.

Especially if we're going to carry forward as a society being in a perpetual state of war with thousands of soldiers suffering from PTSD and getting little but lip service about their after service care.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I don't use any mind-altering substances. There is already enough competition in the world from people smarter then I, so i don't want to do anything that aides in bringing myself lower.

Frankly, if more of you smoke or use substances, that makes me as a sober person more valuable.
I am the smartest person, so I feel a need to bring myself down to everyone else's level. Life is lonely at the top.

sardocs

Here in Canada, were pot is quasi-legal we have a specific test for drivers who might be under the influence.