• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

-

GypsyGraphics

i was really digg'n asterisk looking element, and the teal/lime green colors (1st PDF pg. 3) until rick ruined it for my by saying it looked like the Walmart logo. but i still love the color combination.

for those who say "these don't say sign to me" .... really?
the word SIGN, doesn't kinda sorta spell that out for you

:signs101: there, done (smiley = good karma and sign = sign)

gezzzzz it's like the dentist who thinks his logo MUST have a tooth in it

Last edited:

GypsyGraphics

i don't post my clients logos, but i have one i'd like you to see teri.... it might be a direction you want to try out.

message sent

Last edited:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Liking what Tiki did - with Jill's added butterfly idea. So get to it and post up so we can see lol... and if GG is offering up help - take her up on it! She's got Rick sitting RIGHT THERE WITH HER. 2 for the price of 1!!!

But... and I only say this because it's on my mind. We are doing a BUNCH of rebranding for the Goodwill stores... and their colors are pretty much the same green/blue combo you have going. Not that it means anything - but stay away from anything that remotely looks like a new goodwill logo.

I like the butterfly, but I don't know about the paint brush body. Y'all don't paint so it doesn't really have relevance to what you actually do. Not a big point - but just a thought.

So get crackin' and let us see where you stand now...

signgal

Thanks everyone! I'm getting input offline and private messaged as well. I really appreciate you all taking the time and I hope to have something for you to critique soon. Wish me luck on the big sit down with hubby.

signgal

update

Hello all! Thanks so much to everyone (private messages too). He's still not quite on target but improved. These are the latest I've been working on. I'm pretty happy with them but can take the beating I'm in for. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• logo4.pdf
    266.5 KB · Views: 136

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Hello all! Thanks so much to everyone (private messages too). He's still not quite on target but improved. These are the latest I've been working on. I'm pretty happy with them but can take the beating I'm in for. Let me know what you think.

I think a lot of people have probably closed this thread after seeing they had to download a pdf to view the artwork. :)

Might want to upload a jpg...

signgal

Jpg

Thanks Moze

Attachments

• logo3.jpg
    logo3.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 99

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Which one is your favorite?
Having read in PM and talking about what you are looking for and what you need. I think some of the lettering (grungy and this script) is not a good fit. It seems you like bouncy and fun with the typeface and color.. thats not a bad thing, but may be a bit much in this case.
I think you can take the elements and ideas you have here and improve them greatly with a slight typeface change and color and modify or make another icon suited more for a sign shop and still be fun and bouncy.

signgal

Which one is your favorite?
Having read in PM and talking about what you are looking for and what you need. I think some of the lettering (grungy and this script) is not a good fit. It seems you like bouncy and fun with the typeface and color.. thats not a bad thing, but may be a bit much in this case.
I think you can take the elements and ideas you have here and improve them greatly with a slight typeface change and color and modify or make another icon suited more for a sign shop and still be fun and bouncy.

I get what you mean about the typeface because that's what I did with the latest batch, played around with the shapes of the letters and how they fit together and customized styles I liked, etc. I just don't know where else to go... and as far as the icon suited to a sign shop... i'm completely at a loss between the first batch and the second batch. I'm about ready to write it out in comic sans and throw in the towel :(

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I get what you mean about the typeface because that's what I did with the latest batch, played around with the shapes of the letters and how they fit together and customized styles I liked, etc. I just don't know where else to go... and as far as the icon suited to a sign shop... i'm completely at a loss between the first batch and the second batch. I'm about ready to write it out in comic sans and throw in the towel :(

NOOOO!!!! This is supposed to be fun!!!

Have a corn dog! :corndog:

Jillbeans

What happened to the direction it was going? I thought it was a good one.
The new batch, not so much. I think you're over-thinking it.

signgal

Ok. First of all *munches on corndog* thanks Rick. Your humor makes everything better. Am I hearing I should go back to the originally posted drawing board and try some different fonts and color combos?

Jillbeans

Here's a REAL quick suggestion...I liked the butterfly.
Still love what Tiki did.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 107

signgal

pretty, Jill. I haven't had a chance to work on it all weekend but woke up with this in my head this morning...

Attachments

• IMG_20130224_180132 (1).jpg
    IMG_20130224_180132 (1).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 90