• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

10m coroplast hole punch recommendation

MHester

Hey folks. I need to get a small table top hole punch that can punch a single 3/8" hole through 10mm coroplast. I have tried drilling the holes and using a punch tool w/hammer, but neither option gives me a clean cut. I don't have a CNC, so that's why I'm looking for some sort of small tabletop punch recommendations. Thanks :)

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Have you tried a Bore Punch?
1631553567036.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you do quite a few up at once, put a piece of wood on top and bottom, your holes will drill just fine.. Afterall, we're talking about Cor-X, the cheapest material out there. Why must the hole be neat and clean for a bottom-of-the-barrel substrate ?? Do and sell it for what it is.

MHester

If you do quite a few up at once, put a piece of wood on top and bottom, your holes will drill just fine.. Afterall, we're talking about Cor-X, the cheapest material out there. Why must the hole be neat and clean for a bottom-of-the-barrel substrate ?? Do and sell it for what it is.
I know, I know....I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to clean holes though. Especially when the coro is so high off the ground, no one will see it anyways (see pic). I'll just continue with my hand punch and Judy, but 80 holes will take a long time, just trying to find a more effective and less time consuming way to do it.

Attachments

• Clean Cats 1162398_installed.jpg
    Clean Cats 1162398_installed.jpg
    826.5 KB · Views: 193

MHester

Gino's right. I often forget this point myself.
Maybe throw a grommet in it instead?
I did that once, but the grommet wasn't deep enough and pinched the 10mm coro too tightly. The grommet tool I have only works well on a 4mm coro. Good idea though :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First, I hope that picture is not your design. That's Horrible with a capital H.

Next, I can't believe you're only using Cor-X in something like that. You do realize Cor-X is a temporary exterior product... even at 10mm.

Last, they make long-neck grommets and it fits 10mm.

MHester

First, I hope that picture is not your design. That's Horrible with a capital H.

Next, I can't believe you're only using Cor-X in something like that. You do realize Cor-X is a temporary exterior product... even at 10mm.

Last, they make a long-neck grommets and it fits 10mm.
Hehe. First, nope not my design. Second, yes, it's supposed to last only a year, its a temp. And Last, I 'll look into the long neck grommets, thanks for the tip. P.S. Thanks for the laugh :)

ProSignTN

I noticed 'Judy' is only 8 ounces, Maybe step up to the 'Janice' at 12 oz, or go bold and try the 'Jolene' at 16 ounces. We got a 2 lb sledge with a 6 inch handle for things like this. I call it 'My Little Pecker'. And yow, better use the grommets.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seriously though, Gino's stacked and pressed drilling idea has been used many times around here.
I've been using it since I learned it about 45 years ago. It also works when drilling just about anything in quantity from wood, to metal to shocard. And ya don't need a grommet to hide anything.

MHester

Thanks everyone for your advice :) At 6 years of running an in-house sign shop, there is still A TON that I don't know....I'm learning as I go. Thanks for all your help, y'all are the best!

I stack them too when in multiples. Not mentioned is that you must make it tight before drilling or you might have some cleaning up to do. I clamp them down pretty hard.

petepaz

i have to drill all kinds of material here (aluminum, composites, acrylic, sintra, styrene....and so on) and Gino is right just put a piece of wood top and bottom and you are good to go.