• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 Rolands 1 Print

edawg

Hello Everyone, lets begin...

We have 2 Roland RF-640's, Everything/setting are the same. Same Print Profiles, Same File (eps), same machine settings. (same everything) Yet we are getting 2 different color prints. We used to get the same color prints before about 3 weeks ago. Nothing has changed.
One printer (CARR) is printing perfectly. The other (COOPER) is printing with a little more cyan, also it looks a little dull. It might be hard to see in the pictures attached. But it is clear to everyone here there is definitely a deference in color.

Steps We have take.
Manual and regular/powerful cleanings
Head Soak 2 & 24hrs
Felt and wiper replacements
Calibrations
nozzle check
bi-directional adjustments

We are at a loss, Both machines are out of warranty of course. The only thing that I personally can think of is we got a bad batch of Cyan cartridges. Or maybe the yellow is not firing the way its supposed to? BTW we are using NAZDAR ink cartridges and have been for awhile. (no problems)

Any help would be much appreciated, Thank in advance!

Attachments

• SideBySide.jpg
    SideBySide.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 209
  • UglyPrint(COOPER).jpg
    UglyPrint(COOPER).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 181
  • GoodPrint(CARR).jpg
    GoodPrint(CARR).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 185

rjssigns

Probably a profile issue. Every printer even from the same manufacturer will have different characteristics. A correct profile will run the printers within a defined set of device independent parameters.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I would suggest running the "fill test" in service mode.Watch the prints the entire time it is printing and watch for any kind of dropout while it is printing. Even a little dropout on one of the printers will cause a color change on that printer. I presume you are using Versaworks and running both printers from the same computer and using the same profile, correct?

rjssigns

I would suggest running the "fill test" in service mode.Watch the prints the entire time it is printing and watch for any kind of dropout while it is printing. Even a little dropout on one of the printers will cause a color change on that printer. I presume you are using Versaworks and running both printers from the same computer and using the same profile, correct?

Fill test is a good idea but sometimes not telling. Not long ago another member was having issues so a fill test was suggested. Fill test was flawless. When printing the magenta channel still caused issues. Magenta will cause wide swings in color. Can't remember what was done to correct it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does it do it regardless of what material you are running ?? In other words, when you use your banner material and proper banner profiles, does it do it ?? If it's across the board on any media, than you've pretty much narrowed down the culprit. It seems your cyan head is crapping out, ever so slightly. Could be a heat problem or any number of things, but if it's only one color, something has changed be it temperatures or settings.

player

I always thought every printer will be slightly different. There are so many components there will always be some drifting. Especially when there are multiple components that are slowly wearing out. Probably do all one job on the same printer will be way easier than trying to keep the two printers output identical.

Last edited:

edawg

Ill give that a try, Thank you

edawg

Does it do it regardless of what material you are running ?? In other words, when you use your banner material and proper banner profiles, does it do it ?? If it's across the board on any media, than you've pretty much narrowed down the culprit. It seems your cyan head is crapping out, ever so slightly. Could be a heat problem or any number of things, but if it's only one color, something has changed be it temperatures or settings.
Yes, regardless of what material. There is a color difference.

Joe House

BTW we are using NAZDAR ink cartridges and have been for awhile. (no problems)
Don't rule this out just because you haven't had problems in the past. It appears from the pics you posted that yellow isn't firing as it should on the print on the right.
You didn't post a print of the nozzle test - that's always where I start.

GTSTech_1

Confirm that both printers have "Full Width" scan enabled. I ran into a color shift on solid color panels, and the cure was Full Width enable. When disabled, the heaters never really reset thus causes swings in temps, which effect the dot gain.

Just my .02

greysquirrel

are you printing from the same rip? you can confirm if it is a profile issue by switching ip addresses and running files again.