• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5-6yr old vinyl removal

WVB

Curious if this CrystalTek's Vinyl-Off really works as easily as stated... I have to give a bid on a old isuzu bread truck. Vinyl looks to be on there for at least 4-5yrs perhaps longer. Stuff is 3M most likely 180c as it is leaving the dot pattern behind in areas.

What are some of the things you guys do/use for such as this?

Jillbeans

Rapid Remover/L'il Chizler/hair dryer.
Some use a wallpaper steamer.
You can also shine those auto body lamps on the thing or park it in the sun.
Be sure to charge accordingly.
Love....Jill

firesignz

Celebrating 10 Years in business
Heat gun, thin edged plastic squeegee and a lot of time. I have tried all sorts of "remover" chems with little success.

Standard van lettering removal usually takes me about 2 hours (outdoors in the bright sun). Be sure to keep heating ahead of yourself as you pull (don't hit the removed area with the heat as it will make it rip).

Oh and charge enough to make it worth while. It is a lot of work to do it clean

cajun312

I have tried the CrystalTek stuff and sometimes it works great, sometimes it makes little difference, I'm guessing it depends on the brand and type of vinyl, everything I've used it for has been jobs other shops have done so I never know what kind of vinyl I'm removing.

Mark

Gino

Premium Subscriber
flame thrower.jpg and a lil' chizler.