• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Big Hello from the Black Hills!

D

Digitall

A warm welcome from Cleveland Ohio, We went digital 2 years ago (Roland) vp-540, already upgraded to 10 footer and are seriously looking at a 5m machine hopefully next month. It's the way the industry has gone, go as big as possible. Love the Black Hills, Deadwood, Sturgis, Spearfish, the ride down through custer is awesome on the bike. Congratulations on your past and future success.

Rick

ManningSigns

Another welcome from Gillette, WY Yes there are sign shops over here. All anyone would have to do is look in the phone book......

signpro

Manager
Hello!! nice intro and congrats on your success and drive!!

Talk to you distributors, they'll give you some ideas on equipment. i got invited down to some of our distributors/sales reps warehouses where they have the uquipment all setup and running, and showed me both the Mimaki and Roland printers, and another Rep was going to show me the HP's and one other brand (mutoh?) anyways, we ended up with the roland. but it was nice to go see them running, and actually use the machines with the Tech's help before making any purchases. i'm sure the salesman around there will be happy to accomodate something like that in hopes of a sale. also, sign shows are good to check out the equipment, but it's not one-on-one and rarely do you get to actually use the machine itself.

good luck!

Signgrl

Good Idea, thanks!!!

Hello!! nice intro and congrats on your success and drive!!

Talk to you distributors, they'll give you some ideas on equipment. i got invited down to some of our distributors/sales reps warehouses where they have the uquipment all setup and running, and showed me both the Mimaki and Roland printers, and another Rep was going to show me the HP's and one other brand (mutoh?) anyways, we ended up with the roland. but it was nice to go see them running, and actually use the machines with the Tech's help before making any purchases. i'm sure the salesman around there will be happy to accomodate something like that in hopes of a sale. also, sign shows are good to check out the equipment, but it's not one-on-one and rarely do you get to actually use the machine itself.

good luck!

signpro

Manager
yeah, my reps really helped out when needed. then again, he got a decent sale out of it, he should help out! and the one-on-one with the tech and the machine before the purchase was priceless!!

Shovelhead

Thank you Shovelhead! I am originally from New York and going back for a visit at the end of May! My mouth is watering for a REAL bagel and a slice!!!

Translation for those not originally not from the center of the universe, NYC,
that's pizza. :toasting:

iSign

Welcome from Maui!

Many good memories in SD for me... 3 years at a Lutheran teen camp during HS, sneakin' cubensis on the bus to really enjoy the badlands... hiking around the Needles, and climbing Harney Peak.

I enjoyed your intro too... what a great story! I started the following year in Jan '97

I miss my year in Manhatten... another chance for a killer slice on every other corner... nothing better to go with a brown bag'd beverage on my bicycle commute back to the east village from my first ever sign job.

Well, good luck. I bought a Mimaki 4 years ago. Just spent the day with a tech from Michigan. First service call in 3 years. My suggestion, is to shop for a supplier with great tech support. All printers can do the job, but the one that comes with great support is the one that will make you the most money & cost you the least grey hairs. I highly recommend Advantage Sign Supply!