• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A couple more recent hand-lettered projects...

SignosaurusRex

I don't get as much opportunity as I used to at romancing the brush. Been a good run these last few weeks of lettering on vintage vehicles. A few being a 1935 Ford Tow Truck for Mac's Towing with the original door layout loosely recreated (with a little cleanup and uniformity of letter forms added here and there) and a 1930 Model A Tow Truck for the Bressi family in honor of the family biz started in Seattle in 1923. No photos available of the original door layouts for the Bressi truck so I had to create a new layout that would be somewhat period correct. All hand lettered with 1-Shot lettering Enamel. Yes, I used tape here and there. The White was doctored with Silver and Imitation Gold to achieve better coverage and add an effect of aged or antique white tone. Still took two coats. Any constructive critique regarding layout and letter style choices are always welcome.

Attachments

• BressiGarageModelA.jpg
    BressiGarageModelA.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 606
  • MacsGarage35Ford.jpg
    MacsGarage35Ford.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 513
  • MasGarageVintagePhoto1.jpg
    MasGarageVintagePhoto1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 554
Last edited:

TimToad

Exceptionally well done. Super tight rendering, nice margins, letter construction is quite good. Good opacity. You knocked them out of the park!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since that's a keep-away shadow, did you go back and paint the black in right away or did ya wait for it to dry ?? Not counting layout or pounce time, but the brush time..... I'd say about 4, maybe 4.5 hours for the Bressi truck and about 3.5 or 4 hours for the Mac truck, counting the second coats.... ?? Am I close ??

SignosaurusRex

Since that's a keep-away shadow, did you go back and paint the black in right away or did ya wait for it to dry ?? Not counting layout or pounce time, but the brush time..... I'd say about 4, maybe 4.5 hours for the Bressi truck and about 3.5 or 4 hours for the Mac truck, counting the second coats.... ?? Am I close ??
You are right there in the ballpark on time for each +/- Gino. I did the trucks as fill-in work between other jobs over the course of two days each. First coat of white, let that dry, close-shade Black added. Second day I added the second coat of white.
BTW Gino... The Bressi truck took 1st Place in an antique Tow-Truck show this past weekend. Bressi family pretty stoked and happy.