• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A-frame/Sandwich board

gnubler

Where are you guys getting plastic sandwich board stands, like the Signicade Deluxe? I see them cheaper on Amazon or eBay than what my supplier charges. Even Grimco is about the same as Amazon, plus they charge shipping. I don't sell a lot of these, but am looking for a better source.

gnubler

So do I. They're cheaper on Amazon by $50 when I factor in freight. (I'm out in the boondocks)

unclebun

Grimco shouldn't be charging shipping on orders over $100, at least I don't get charged. Maybe you should be talking to your Grimco rep about your account. And I think I can have them bring me signicades on the delivery truck anyway.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We sell alot of our Fold-A-Signs. The 10mm version is pretty durable. Both versions are pretty cost effective, especially if you need more than one.

gnubler

Not yet. This must be Sandwich Board Season because I've had three inquiries in the past week. People want to know how much the stand is, and how much the panels/inserts are, which is how this all started.

rjssigns

Not yet. This must be Sandwich Board Season because I've had three inquiries in the past week. People want to know how much the stand is, and how much the panels/inserts are, which is how this all started.
You charge what ya gotta charge. I'm sure you're just like me and have gotten used to eating three times and day, being clothed and having a roof over your head. If the client doesn't like it they can go to the other shop in town and run them into the ground.

gnubler

Fair enough, just wondering how you all are marking things up when cost is nearly the same as retail. I had one a couple weeks ago who only wanted the signs for their A-frame, and then it turned into they wanted to order a new stand as well, so that's how these orders become itemized.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Regardless of how you come to it, your time is your time and you charge accordingly. You're always gonna have custom cut sizes, custom ordered supplies or colors of vinyl, unless you're printing. Your shop time should basically remain the same for doing basically the same thing...... just how much of it. This is the reason to have shop minimums. Your time talking to someone on the phone or in your shop, placing orders, checking things out here at s101 for confirmation and overhead are all billable hours. You people who wanna be everyone's friend...... don't do it. They either like you or they don't, but it's your prices that'll keep 'em coming back, not saving them 75¢. because you spent an extra 45 minutes finding that savings.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Last time I ordered a Signacaide Deluxe it took about a month to arrive, the second time I tried it was the same case (about 4-5 months ago). I went with the non-deluxe that you have to use velcro or double sided tape to put the print on (or just apply the print to the plastic. I looking into order from Grimco, Denco and Midwest (RIP) each time.

As Far as using Amazon for supplies, non of my suppliers could give an ETA on delivery on magnet, I was able to get a roll within a week for less than what Grimco was selling it for (not a big surprise with Grimco).

gnubler

I hope I didn't indicate that I was going to buy it on Amazon and resell it...no way. I gave Amazon the boot years ago, but I do peek at it when I'm researching pricing.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Last time I ordered a Signacaide Deluxe it took about a month to arrive, the second time I tried it was the same case (about 4-5 months ago). I went with the non-deluxe that you have to use velcro or double sided tape to put the print on (or just apply the print to the plastic. I looking into order from Grimco, Denco and Midwest (RIP) each time.

As Far as using Amazon for supplies, non of my suppliers could give an ETA on delivery on magnet, I was able to get a roll within a week for less than what Grimco was selling it for (not a big surprise with Grimco).
Plasticade sucks, that is what it really boils down to. They have little to no competition in this arena

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It doesn't matter what Amazon is selling them for... you sell it to cover your time involved and they can take it or leave it. Of course we'd charge more than Amazon.. we are a small, one shop local business and people understand that.. if not let them get it from Amazon. Move on to the next order.

People ask me about selling "blanks" and I just decline it. I sell finished commercial signs, I'm not a sign parts supplier.

netsol

tex, what is the difference if you sell someone a blank? i don't get it
i have gone into our local electric motor rebuilder and bought a set of brushes, or a centrifical switch & he doesn't tell me to get out & never darken his door again.