• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A hello and introduction to all

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Well I guess a HI! is in order to the folks on Signs 101.

A little about us:

My wife and I have ran an unrelated busines for 13 years. 2 years ago we discovered a local need and purchased a Graphtec Robocraft Pro 15". Its a nice enough little unit and has served us well. We upgraded to Flexi software (quite a learning curve for someone not familiar).

We enjoy a small customer base making decals, banners and the like. This crawling before you walk enviroment has offered us time to learn and tinker.

We would like to expand and currently are prepared to purchase a large format machine. A few opportunities are driving our decision and we embrace the venture.

We are NOT designers but we are anxious to learn whatever we can.

Our needs are 1) expanding for better banners, posters etc 2) supply heat transfers to a local small apparel company 3) investigate other items this technology affords.

When we bought our peanut cutter it became immediately apparent we should have went bigger so we are shopping for a 54" unit. Probably Roland although we did consider Mimaki for some time.

I'll take whatever thoughts are out there.

mikey-Oh

We are NOT designers but we are anxious to learn whatever we can.
Howdy from Oklahoma!

1)Why not talk to a college grad? They need help paying off student-loans and can teach you an abundance :) Banners are great way to start, even full-color. many of our merchant member's could offer competitive pricing til you got a printer yinz selvz

2) supply heat transfers to a local small apparel company
vinyl-cut and a geo-knight

3) investigate other items this technology affords.
Welcome to signs101

Mosh

Hello, Go roland, been using Roland equipment for 20+ years!!! Great stuff, all but the PNC5000 I go ripped on!

BobM

Welcome from Cape of Cod.

Using some of the merchant members here on Signs 101 is a great way to expand you business.

djeeke

Welcome here from a fellow crawler :Welcome:

Hoping to start chasing expansion like you in a while :glasses:

Tim Aucoin

Welcome from Calgary, Alberta!
I went through a similar change as you, but I went from a printing company to a printing/sign company, so the transition was very minor and the customer base was already in place. One thing I would advise is not to cheap out on equipment! :thumb:

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Well we've made our decision. Roland SP540i NIB. Feel good about the features for what we intend to do.

Thanks for the warm welcome all. I know we don't have much to offer yet, but with a little luck and a few million hours maybe we will.........