• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A sign related food subject......................................................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I little while back, I spoke about starting a food thread. Well, things got away from me, but someone reminded me of it recently, so here goes. Besides, my wife brought me some gourmet pizza and I felt I could start sharing with that.

Over the years we've all shared different things we eat from an old member dropping burritos on his lap, then to the floor and wondering if the 5 second rule applied to people eating huge amounts of whatever.

So, anything you'd like to share from local cuisine to people sending you meals for payment or whatever................. Let's talk about it here, in Gino's Kitchen.

ps.. and let's not forget, ya hafta have hot peppers with most things.

Attachments

• 20221014_115506.jpg
    20221014_115506.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,931

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Dang that looks good Gino!
Last Friday a customer brought us a couple of pizzas. A "thank you" for a few rush projects we did over the summer. His projects are super simple, so it was no big deal, but free pizza delivered is always welcome!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Is it also for recipes? I have a mouth-watering recipe for "firecracker" sweet beans...they do really well on a smoky grill. They're loaded with bacon, green chilies and jalapenos....onion, sweet peppers, lots of brown sugar...and a few other goodies.

They're sweet on the tongue, but then proceed with a mild after-burn on their way to the tummy.

Not for the faint of heart, or for those spending long periods of time in polite company afterwards.

JB

DSC_0127.JPG

Last edited:

rjssigns

IMG_2529.JPG
From scratch Orange Chicken. If you like Chinese style orange chicken, make this. A bit putzy but it will stop you from ordering take out. Recipe is from Binging with Babish. Look up Sugar Chicken.(Rick and Morty reference)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, that would be snooty pizza, not to be confused with a boogie on your lip.

Just upper end cheeses and better meats on it. You're right, there is no such thing as bad pizza, if ya can add pepperoni to it. There is some out there that tastes like a miscarriage on toast, but we'll discuss those on another day.

rjssigns

Flatbread pizza.JPG
Here's one for Gino. Flatbread pizza with Capicola, fresh basil, Michigan peaches and Pepperjack cheese. Pic is just before going on the Akorn over a wood fire.:p

rjssigns

Peaches.... ?? dafug ??
You ain't lived until you've tried it. Sweetness tames the heat from the pepper flakes I use.

I lean on the Thai influence for some recipes, like the flatbread pizza: Sweet, Sour, Salty, Spicy and Bitter.

Always looking to try authentic cuisine. Nothing like homemade sauerbraten with gingersnap gravy.:p

It isn't a bad thing to look to other cultures for ideas. That's why I'm all over the place with my cooking.
Too easy to get into a rut, which means you make "fill" instead of food.