• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A sign related food subject......................................................................................

rjssigns

Here's pizza from the "602 BBQ" (aka my back yard) Akorn Grill...

View attachment 162039
Dang that's a good looking pizza. Akorn users unite. Run the heck out of mine. Everything from low and slow to chasing the perfect Neapolitan pizza. Baked birthday cakes and holiday cookies too.
Not sure how hot it got but the paint turned a chalky rose from the heat doing Neapolitan pizzas. Oooops. Got the pies down to 120 seconds though. According to the Neapolitan pizza rule book I need to shave another 30 seconds to be "official". Practice sure is tasty.

garyroy

My daughter made me Baked eggs in sauce over pasta, mozzarella, tomatoes and cucumber with balsamic vinegar, and fresh made focaccia bread.
Not a bad way to end a good day.

Attachments

• Pasta Appetizer.jpeg
    Pasta Appetizer.jpeg
    689.7 KB · Views: 114

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
My daughter made me Baked eggs in sauce over pasta, mozzarella, tomatoes and cucumber with balsamic vinegar, and fresh made focaccia bread.
Not a bad way to end a good day.
That all sounds tasty... Except for the eggs.

garyroy

Fried or baked eggs in tomato sauce, that's living large. You'll eat 4 of them before you realize you ate 1. :D

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Fried or baked eggs in tomato sauce, that's living large. You'll eat 4 of them before you realize you ate 1. :D
I don't doubt it's delicious. I just can't eat eggs. Never have been able to eat them. I wish I liked them, but if I can taste egg whites I gag.

ETA... No, it doesn't help if they are green. Ham is alright, unless it's green. Green ham is not good.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I don't doubt it's delicious. I just can't eat eggs. Never have been able to eat them. I wish I liked them, but if I can taste egg whites I gag.
I just had some for dinner when I saw this thread. Sunny side up over rice and spinach. Wife made some fresh grape/apple juice

rjssigns

Love my Akorn, and love Akorn pizza! Uhhhh but my pizza does not resemble yours...
I'll see if I can scare up a pic of my Neapolitan pizza. I watch Vido Iacopelli on YouTube. He's a master pizzaiolo and passionate about his craft.

My other pizza's are me playing around with different flavors.
I make what I call a Bejing pizza with garlicky stir fried pork and a Sambal based sauce.
Another Asian influence pizza is my Thai style chicken with a peanut butter and coconut milk sauce.
Too out there for ya? What about a BBQ pizza with thinly sliced prime rib, red onion and smoked gouda?

jochwat

Graphics Department
Is it also for recipes? I have a mouth-watering recipe for "firecracker" sweet beans...they do really well on a smoky grill. They're loaded with bacon, green chilies and jalapenos....onion, sweet peppers, lots of brown sugar...and a few other goodies.

They're sweet on the tongue, but then proceed with a mild after-burn on their way to the tummy.

Not for the faint of heart, or for those spending long periods of time in polite company afterwards.

JB

Love doctoring up beans for the bbq pit. Those look fantastic!

jochwat

Graphics Department
Dang that's a good looking pizza. Akorn users unite. Run the heck out of mine. Everything from low and slow to chasing the perfect Neapolitan pizza. Baked birthday cakes and holiday cookies too.
Not sure how hot it got but the paint turned a chalky rose from the heat doing Neapolitan pizzas. Oooops. Got the pies down to 120 seconds though. According to the Neapolitan pizza rule book I need to shave another 30 seconds to be "official". Practice sure is tasty.
That cooker is insane in its capabilities. My wife found me a used one on the FB marketplace... barely used, at that... for $150. I said GET IT! That Akorn has made plenty of delicious pizzas, crispy wings, pork belly burnt "ends", chuck roast burnt "ends", pork shoulders, and plenty brisket. Even managed to win a small BBQ competition last year with it. Stayed up from midnight to noon or so the next day, fire went out twice (no idea how), and ended up with the best brisket I ever made in my life. Shame I dunno how the hell that happened. Maybe sleep deprivation is the key.

rjssigns

That cooker is insane in its capabilities. My wife found me a used one on the FB marketplace... barely used, at that... for $150. I said GET IT! That Akorn has made plenty of delicious pizzas, crispy wings, pork belly burnt "ends", chuck roast burnt "ends", pork shoulders, and plenty brisket. Even managed to win a small BBQ competition last year with it. Stayed up from midnight to noon or so the next day, fire went out twice (no idea how), and ended up with the best brisket I ever made in my life. Shame I dunno how the hell that happened. Maybe sleep deprivation is the key.
Would have liked to try the brisket.:p. As far as fire control goes I call it the "damper dance". I'm getting much better and improving with each cook. I've found how I load the Akorn and how much of the lump I light and where determines how much control I have. Last low and slow I did was a pork butt using applewood chunks for smoke. Had it ticking over for 10 hours at 225-250. Then it started climbing once the applewood hunks lit off. Hit 300 but that was it. Didn't care since I was taking it off, wrapping and putting in the cooler to rest.

Still haven't experimented. too much with the "Texas crutch". Lots of opinions yet nothing solid. Paper or foil? Add things to the crutch like tallow or butter?
Then there's the folks that swear by the "boat".
Lots of things to try. On a warm summer night I like sitting outside with the Akorn and a whiskey. Just watch the world go by and make the neighbors drool.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
There's a little store/ butcher shop that I stop at to pick up lunch... This is their Beef Bacon Cheddar Melt, good customers always pile it high for ya' :p

Attachments

• Beef melt.jpg
    Beef melt.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 123

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
You're killin me here. I got another sandwich. Where's the cheese? I thought the legit philly cheesesteaks had yellow cheese wiz and no sauce/ketchup? Is that an imposter?