• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A sign related food subject......................................................................................

jochwat

Graphics Department
These here kabobs are a local legend. First introduced (as far as I know) back in the 1980s at "HegewischFest", a blocks-long party in the community of Hegewisch (of course), at the far southeast end of Chicago. These things, I tell ya... You wouldn't think it just by the look of them, but WOW are they delicious. "Dragobobs", as they're called, were created by a fella known as Drago. who owned a liquor/convenience store in town. The store is long gone, but Drago's family has kept the torch (and lump charcoal) burning by offering these in raw, uncooked form for your grilling pleasure. And no, there's nothing missing here -- these were initially offered without vegetables of any kind -- just a stick of meat with a chunk of bread stuck to the top. That's how I carry on the tradition. Well, I also like onions. Anyway, without further ado...

dragooo.jpg

jochwat

Graphics Department
One more before the weekend. rjssigns, you'll appreciate this one. Might make you get a rotisserie setup if you don't already have one.

Found a rotisserie glazed ham recipe online a few years ago from Weber of all places. Which suited me, since my spit was an attachment for my trusty Weber kettle. Now, an Easter can't go by without the spinnin' ham being requested. Generally, I'm not a hot ham fan, but in this case I make an exception.

hem.jpg

rjssigns

One more before the weekend. rjssigns, you'll appreciate this one. Might make you get a rotisserie setup if you don't already have one.

Found a rotisserie glazed ham recipe online a few years ago from Weber of all places. Which suited me, since my spit was an attachment for my trusty Weber kettle. Now, an Easter can't go by without the spinnin' ham being requested. Generally, I'm not a hot ham fan, but in this case I make an exception.

View attachment 162155
Ooooh, that's nice. I have a rotisserie or two somewhere and a Weber kettle by the mini barn. Haven't used the Weber since I got the Akorn though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
These here kabobs are a local legend. First introduced (as far as I know) back in the 1980s at "HegewischFest", a blocks-long party in the community of Hegewisch (of course), at the far southeast end of Chicago. These things, I tell ya... You wouldn't think it just by the look of them, but WOW are they delicious. "Dragobobs", as they're called, were created by a fella known as Drago. who owned a liquor/convenience store in town. The store is long gone, but Drago's family has kept the torch (and lump charcoal) burning by offering these in raw, uncooked form for your grilling pleasure. And no, there's nothing missing here -- these were initially offered without vegetables of any kind -- just a stick of meat with a chunk of bread stuck to the top. That's how I carry on the tradition. Well, I also like onions. Anyway, without further ado...

View attachment 162134

What kinda meat is that ?? Looks like pork or maybe chicken. The onions, ya hafta have onions with everything...............

jochwat

Graphics Department
What kinda meat is that ?? Looks like pork or maybe chicken. The onions, ya hafta have onions with everything...............
You can get pork, beef, or chicken. But I only ever get the original pork version. It's the best. And yes, the onions for us are essential.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, you buy the stuff already marinated or whatever..... or do you just cut up your own stuff and mimic what ya think ??

jochwat

Graphics Department
So, you buy the stuff already marinated or whatever..... or do you just cut up your own stuff and mimic what ya think ??
It's sold already marinated, by the pound. Secret recipe. I'm sure I could come close if I tried, but probably not close enough to where it would be as enjoyable. They also make some great pre-seasoned wings that I like, in mild and spicy versions. Great family business, great people, great product. I'll let them keep selling it to me, and let my friends and family think I'm a genius backyard cook.