• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice on Freelance

Hello all,
I am new to this site, but not to designing wraps. I worked in a full service shop designing for over 6 years and am thinking of going freelance. Any advice on best ways to get business, billing rates, whatever you can give would be great.

Thanks,
need to rework my site to offer wraps still

www.thekreativeprocess.com

Air Art Girl

Welcome. I think your prices are a bit low on your site. going freelance, you just have to pound the pavement and let people know you exist. Good Luck

Brendan

The design is tough for alot of people (me). Become a merchant member and offer your services that way. I would bet you would garner some support.
Good luck and welcome.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, my logo site is going to be changing to something more general without prices and adding wraps design. Total revamp.
What do you guys bill at?

S

Stan B

I'm sorry, don't mean to be rude, just honest - looked at your website, I don't think that you at the level yet to offer your design services to broad public.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA...............

I don't think its a healthy idea advertising another sign shop's work for yourself. Doesn't matter if you worked there or not. Do you have permission to use their advertising and insinuate that it's yours to some extent ?? :rolleyes:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh, I understand alright. So, I'll re-phrase it......

The real question is, if someone was to call 'Sticky Business' and tell them that they are being advertised on a forum, without their knowledge, by you as being their designer and you did all of this stuff..... would they be upset that you're using their wares to further your business without written consent or knowledge ??

Not to mention..... they don't gain anything out of this......... :rolleyes:

Believe me.... I'm only trying to keep you out of trouble, because it looks to me as if you're doing something wrong here and evidently, you don't even know it. :thumb:

Maybe, well probably, they are the type to make a thing over it. Ok, disregard that posting, lol. I was responding to the guy saying I wasn't good enough to go public, from what my very old site showed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's a simple fix. Update your site and stop borrowing........ :Big Laugh

Good Luck............​

Replicator

Welcome !

Bump your prices way up . . . If your a six year designer you should be more like :

Package 1 . . . $500.00
Package 2 . . . $850.00
Package 3 . . . $1200.00
the Total Package . . . $1650.00

Don't sell yourself short . . . You're sell your experince and your customers brand/image.

It's worth a lot more than you've got priced on your site . . . !

for the logo design prices and packages I researched other logo design companies and those were competative, but again, I am going to be redoing the entire thing to include wrap design.