• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

alien skin

CL Graphics

i just installed alien skin. It works awesome in photoshop but I am trying to use it in flexi without much luck. I want to make a drop shadow behind text with the perspective shadow. Can anyone give me a quick tutorial or tell me where I can find one.

CL Graphics

its like there is a bounding box (not sure if this is the correct term) around the text. What I did is rasterize the text then select it then try the filter. The shadow will show up in the preview window but is confined to the edges of the bitmap. Then when I hit ok it doesnt render a shadow.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You have to either set a mask over the actual text or make the background transparent.

When you create a bitmap in Flexi, or most anywhere else for that matter, you get a rectangle that bounds the subject of the bitmap. That rectangle has each and every pixel defined so when Allen Skin puts shadow behind the bitmap that's where it is, behind the opaque rectangular bitmap.

You want, in this case, to have just the text be rendered into a bitmap. Unfortunately, there's no way to do that in Flexi, so you have to use a mask or a transparency. This will effectively yield just what you need for shadow.

Doyle

I've never had much luck doing this in Flexi, every time I create a mask for the text and add an effect, it is off registration by a couple pixels, resulting in a thin white line to one side of everything...

thewood

Lidy Graphics, if you have Photoshop, then I'd use it for these kind of effects. I'm a fan of Flexi, but I've always found it's raster-editing capabilities clumsy and slow. I typically do vector design in Flexi and add the effects in Photoshop.