• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

alternate inks for valuejet

Joop

Hey Mutoh users
Still new to my 1604... I got my first empty cartridge today. There are a set of inks that came with the printer in addition to the inks in the machine, but they are not "mutoh" brand. It looks like they are made by "elevenTen color" it also says "M-1131 series inkjet ink" and "ecosol ink" on the new cartridges. I know I want ecosol. But does anyone use other inks? I know you can save some money not buying them from mutoh, but I just wanted to know what you guys are doing. I don't really have a choice right now.

Oh and, what do I do with the empty cartridges?

thanks

heyskull

I can't believe someone would sell this guy a brand new printer and not put OEM inks in it!!
It has already invalidated the printers warranty!

Who sold you the machine Joop?

SC

ChicagoGraphics

I can't believe someone would sell this guy a brand new printer and not put OEM inks in it!!

SC

Not true,
6 years ago I bought a Mutoh Tucan solvent printer, came with 3rd party bulk inks from day 1. It's the company that sold it to you that gives you the warranty.

Joop

SC

Well I didn't buy the machine new. I bought it used with very low hours on it... and it's just over a year old. (which I confirmed with mutoh)

The inks that came with it were mutoh inks, the big long ones. But it also came with an extra set from ElevenTen Color.

jiarby

you got shimmy-shammied. the inks may work but the consensus here has been to use OEM during warranty. Afterwards you can try what you want but who knows what you will get. Just charge more and you can afford the ink. Market the ink as "green" "We Now Use ECO-SOL Inks Exclusively"

Joop

well they are eco-sol inks... and the machine does not have a warantee that I know of. I was wondering about this since I can get a free set of inks but they are not Mutoh brand... not sure of the size of the cartridges, it may not even be worth it!

So the only real reason to stick with Mutoh inks is not to void the warantee?

os101king

Yep, did that for almost 8 years... it was fun while it lasted...

The link didn't work... but I will try to search again when I'm not half in the bag...

I says that Mutoh will not cover damage caused by third-party inks. Counterpoint being, ElevenTen takes the sample print when switching to confirm print head condition and color response. Mutoh's warranty should still apply to anything that the ink CANNOT damage, and ElevenTen guarantees that it's ink will NOT damage the printer. They go so far as to provide labor and parts for free if it's shown to damage the print head or whatever the ink comes in contact with. I'm more than a year outta warranty, I'm taking the chance and switching. I'll keep an eye out for the lavendarization (?) that's been mentioned in other posts, but the cost savings over a year for me will be in the range of $2,000. Too good NOT to try it. Besides, if I'm not happy with them, I just run the cleaning carts thru and switch back. They're in cartridges, so it's not like a bulk conversion.

DPD

See what 0s101king said.

You may be voiding whatever warranty you may have by using non-mutoh inks.