• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Alternative to papyrus

Jen Goodwin

Anyone know of an alternative font to papyrus? Something with the same style, yet clean edges?
I thought maybe ITC Carlton, but that is probably too formal looking.
I have a customer that loves Papyrus WAY more than I do - plus this is for a wall of lobster fisherman's names and I think it will take a week to cut the file if I use papyrus. LOL!
He thought it looked great on his computer screen, but when I showed him a letter up close - he agreed that he didn't know it was that jagged. (I run into this all the time with this font!!!)

signgal

funny... the last time i used it, I believe I put a pretty hefty outline on it and then inlined from there. it takes out most of the rough spots.

Jen Goodwin

Thanks guys! I think Tempus will work great!! :) It's either that or rebuild the papyrus...but I don't have time. Someone could sell a cleaner version of that!

Bill Modzel

I usually just turn it to paths and run the "simplify" filter in Illustrator at about 98%.
It looses about 40% of the nodes without messing up the general letterform.