• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another school in Wyoming by PhatWall!!!!

PhatWall

I just finished this floor graphic for another school in Green River, WY. The school colors are light blue and navy blue. I gave the school 12 designs to pick from and this is the one that they chose. It was printed on MacTac StreetRap and laminated with MacTac Permicolor non-slip laminate. Its dimensions are 12' wide x 7.5' high. It was printed on a Roland 54" VersaCAMM VP-540. I hope you all like it!!!

Attachments

• Dragon laying down ELEMENTARY.jpg
    Dragon laying down ELEMENTARY.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 139
  • PICT0070.JPG
    PICT0070.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 116
  • PICT0071.jpg
    PICT0071.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 103
  • PICT0072.jpg
    PICT0072.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 103

PMG

one thing that stands out to me is...you put a drop shadow around the lettering but not the mascot... does the lettering have a different light source than the mascot?... otherwise looks good :Coffee:

jiarby

does "TRUMAN" really need that sliver of black you get from over-contouring inside?? The 'ELEMENTARY" text does not have it.

PhatWall

I guess I didn't notice or I don’t know what you mean jiarby. Thanks for your input everyone!!! I am not an expert; Im just a dad trying to support his family.

Flame

I guess I didn't notice or I don’t know what you mean jiarby. Thanks for your input everyone!!! I am not an expert; Im just a dad trying to support his family.

Well buck up cuz you're on a forum with experts, showing your work. Cut the dad crap.

He had a valid point, you forgot the shadow. Nothing that would make or break a job, just a helpful hint for the future.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I really don't understand why you keep posting things and then getting all defensive and touchy when someone gives you some suggestions. If you don't like the feedback quit posting your work on the forum.

Quit the "daddy" crap. Just because you have children doesn't make you any better than me because I don't.

SqueeGee

I really don't understand why you keep posting things and then getting all defensive and touchy when someone gives you some suggestions. If you don't like the feedback quit posting your work on the forum.

Maybe I'm missing something here, I haven't seen anything in this thread that illustrates him being defensive or touchy.

BTW, I've been in business for 15 years and a member of Signs101 for nearly 5 years. It still makes me uncomfortable to post pictures of my work no matter how good I think it is. IMO, it takes a lot of courage to do what he has done and deserves some credit for that.

PhatWall - I didn't notice it until someone else pointed it out, but they are right regarding the drop shadow on the text but not on the logo. The job looks good to me.

Jillbeans

Squeegee don't be afraid to post something up.
It's how we all learn.
As for the OP, 12 designs is a lot to submit, I only ever give two.
That way you do not confuse the client.
They can make suggestions afterwards and then I do revisions (the first one is free)
But you should pretty much have a grasp on what the client wants after your initial interview.
From your older post I assumed you mainly offer client designed signs.
Had you posted this for suggestion prior to making it we could have made helpful suggestions.
Love....Jill

PhatWall

Thank you SqueeGee and jillbeans!! I was just stating that I am new to the sign business and maybe I do lack experience but what I don't lack is drive. Every design I do put my heart into and do like everyone’s advice even if it's not what I want to hear. I will try to post my designs first but allot of times I am on a time frame and don't think about it at the time. I have no other workers besides myself so I am always running in circles and I guess I do tend to forget about the really small details. Anyways thank you everyone for your suggestions. What I am going to be doing is subcontracting designers on a per job bases and will pay accordingly if anyone is interested email me at cody@phatwall.com

TheSnowman

Just lookin the Merchant Member area, you'll find the answer to your request...you may get more response, and more portfolio's available by looking for someone to do the job you need done, as opposed to just having people look for you.

The Sign Dude

Maybe I'm missing something here, I haven't seen anything in this thread that illustrates him being defensive or touchy.

BTW, I've been in business for 15 years and a member of Signs101 for nearly 5 years. It still makes me uncomfortable to post pictures of my work no matter how good I think it is. IMO, it takes a lot of courage to do what he has done and deserves some credit for that.

PhatWall - I didn't notice it until someone else pointed it out, but they are right regarding the drop shadow on the text but not on the logo. The job looks good to me.

:goodpost:

I just finished this floor graphic for another school in Green River, WY. The school colors are light blue and navy blue. I gave the school 12 designs to pick from and this is the one that they chose. It was printed on MacTac StreetRap and laminated with MacTac Permicolor non-slip laminate. Its dimensions are 12' wide x 7.5' high. It was printed on a Roland 54" VersaCAMM VP-540. I hope you all like it!!!
I'm curious as to what you charged for this?

SqueeGee

I'm curious as to what you charged for this?

I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I don't think posting pricing - whether retail or wholesale - in an open forum where anyone can get to it is a good idea. If you feel comfortable sharing this info, then a PM might be a better way to communicate.