• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any news about OP?

Colin

You are an insensitive phuqwit because you don't have enough sense to recognize that.....a few simple references to the word or the concept of random, nondenominational prayer does NOT invite you to piss all over everyone else's largely unspoken beliefs with your tired old weakass victim pleas of unfortunate and intolerant claims to religious freedom from the mere mention of an innocent word like "pray"

*I'm not going on about religion here Fred, just addressing Doug's statements.

I guess you see what you want to see Doug. A quick scan of some of the posts find the following:

"Please call your prayer group and get the prayers goin' for him."

"Miracles happen all the time"

"Prayer is powerful"

"There is power in prayer. I myself have experienced it."

"I even got my mother to light a candle at church"

"Who can not believe in the POWER OF PRAYER?? A Supreme Being, a Creative Intellligence..our GOD! "

"Prayer works!"

"God does hear and answer our prayers!"

"I think maybe we witnessed a miracle!"

"Joe is risen! Awesome! Group "prayer" pays out again."

"FANTASTIC!!! Prayers do work!!"

"Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Great news--prayers work!"

----------------------------------------

You also made the claim that I "pissed all over every one else's beliefs" when I did nothing of the sort. I guess you see what you want to see.

Colin

I had to put this creep (Colin) on my ignor list, because he was sending me PMs.

The best way to deal with him, is to ignor him!

Gee, I send a PM in order to keep the message off of the thread (out of respect) and you still complain like a baby! Geesh!

GypsyGraphics

don't see why we can't just call it the power of love????

wherever it comes from... the places we know (his family and friends) and places we don't.

just be thankful for whoever, or whatever, played a part in OP having more time on this earth to share Hennie.

Steve C.

This was supposed to be a thread about the miraculous recovery of our
friend. You could have just stated that modern medicine is responsible, but
you have to take it one step farther and belittle those who have religious
beliefs. I know you are a good person Colin, but your anti-religious obsession
is ridiculous and out of place here!!!! So, Put a Sock In It and take it to the
NHB.

Colin

I know you are a good person Colin, but your anti-religious obsession is ridiculous and out of place here!

Perhaps if you viewed my stance not so much as "anti-religious" but "pro-rational" then you might see me in a different light.

iSign

You also made the claim that I "pissed all over every one else's beliefs" when I did nothing of the sort. I guess you see what you want to see.

Colin, at times, you act like a worthless turd in my opinion.

here's an example of your pissing ways from the first thread about OP's dire condition, that you suggested i read again:

I find it interesting that you view the observation that prayer has absolutely no effect on any outcomes (except that it might make the person who's praying feel good) as negative....

your intentional choice of the word "observation" shows no intention of asking others to match your superior restraint regarding religion being kept out of the thread... instead, you reply to those off-handed sideways references to the undefined concept of prayer, being expressed in a manner clearly subordinate to that same bunch of regular people simply hoping a friend doesn't die... you reply by waltzing in and spelling out, in no uncertain terms, that in your ordained views, bestowed upon us from the bowels of your supreme authority... that "prayer has absolutely no effect on any outcomes" ...drink your own piss Mr. kool-aid atheist.. or don't... just don't pretend you think you ain't pissing all over!

I find it interesting that there is a policy to refrain from any religious material here on this forum (except for the NHB section), the regular mention of prayer (which is clearly a religious term/act) is quite tolerated. I feel that is inconsistent, and most are numb to it simply because it has become woven into the fabric of your particulr culture.

And before you start furiously typing that one doesn't necessarily pray to a god or gods, then what are you praying to?
maybe we just phuqin' "pray" like you just phuqin' proselytize... without real clear intentions where you wish to recruit your desired converts to... just a damn clear message where you wish to convert them from..

and those of us who simply "pray" for good things to come are no more religious then believer in the book "The Secret" saying "I will be successful" ...or Dorthy saying "there's no place like home"

call it what you will Colin... it's still a whiny crybaby buch of pissing and moaning about nothing if you ask me!!!

Colin

Colin, at times, you act like a worthless turd in my opinion.

Nice, again. Unfortunately that sort of reply doesn't help the conversation. Nor does calling me a creep, like phototec did.

...and those of us who simply "pray" for good things to come are no more religious then believer in the book "The Secret" saying "I will be successful" ...or Dorthy saying "there's no place like home"

Right, but it's really hard to tell when you use the same language. Can you appreciate that?

But not only that, from the list I supplied above, why can't you concede my point that "prayer" is partly (or largely) not a vague, nebulous term as you like to suggest, but rather a term used with clear, definate meaning?

iSign

Nice, again. Unfortunately that sort of reply doesn't help the conversation. Nor does calling me a creep, like phototec did.[/COLOR]

Right, but it's really hard to tell when you use the same language. Can you appreciate that?

But not only that, from the list I supplied above, why can't you concede my point that "prayer" is partly (or largely) not a vague, nebulous term as you like to suggest, but rather a term used with clear, definate meaning?

because I think you are a frikkin turd and a creep to have that conversation here Colin ...do you get my clear, definite meaning yet?

Techman

It is demeaning and condescending.

Many of us including those who met Joe in person, those who stayed at his home, and those who know him from here.. having to see our collective emotional reactions and mental energy focused on his recovery portrayed as a useless exercise.

Many sat in tears reading the news about someone many of us have known for over a decade about to leave our Corporeal presence. We collectively offered up our group strength as a means of supporting one another as well as giving his family a positive report about their loved one. That is the most important part of it all. The emotional needs of his family. Can any one imagine the pain suffered by his loving partner of over 30 years? It would be important to his loved ones to have Joe (or any one else) under the tongue of good report if things turned out not so good.

Now we have to read the negative spewings which demeans our collective spirit of support for our nearly fallen peer. There is a place for that. It certainly is not here in plain public view.

It seems that the proper reaction would be to start a new thread in an appropriate arena. That would gain more respect and likely a better outcome to the complainant.

Instead the negative response brings us all down. I can only imagine what Joe felt as he read all the outpouring of support. Then the emotional swing down to find something like this tonight.

Makes me want to puke.

iSign

for the record Colin, you may or not have noticed that OP was reading these boards tonight for the first time in weeks.

He posted in Letterville today, and on facebook... maybe he had intended to post here as well.

I know he was here because I saw his name on this thread, sent & received a pm. Joe told me he doesn't yet have the strength to walk, or the ability to stay awake more than a few hours.

Joe didn't have a lot more to say, but besides what I won't repeat because it was private, I will tell you this. He was not appreciating your remarks.

It's a shame with limited strength and so many here who would have liked to read something from Joe tonight, it's a shame he spent any energy on reading or responding about the feelings he felt reading your tremendously inappropriate comments on this thread.

As Techman has indicated, you could easily make your own thread, challenging the owner or moderator to respond to your OPINIONS about what is or is not appropriate or tolerable around here. Tech and myself and many others here have volunteered hundreds of hours of selfless service to assist Fred with the development or assessment of this site, it's members, it's personality & it's management. It has never been a place unwilling to hear the grievances of any member wishing to be heard...

but choose your time and place more wisely next time will ya?
Have some God damn class for Christs sake Colin!!
Pun, and classless language INTENDED...
I am in no way pretending to be holier than thou...
but I wish to the high heavens you knew when to drop the devils advocate crap shut the hell up!

phototec

because I think you are a frikkin turd and a creep to have that conversation here Colin ...do you get my clear, definite meaning yet?

I agree, this is not the time or place for his comments!

CREEP: Slang An annoyingly unpleasant or repulsive person.

If the shoe fits...

:thumb:

signage

Welcome back Joe!

I myself feel that both parties are to blame! Everyone that has been on this forum for a while knows of Colins beliefs. This thread is just another like the many of newbie threads that end up becoming I am better then you! Now I feel all parties owe OP an apology for going down this forum road in his any news thread!

iSign

Welcome back Joe!

I myself feel that both parties are to blame! Everyone that has been on this forum for a while knows of Colins beliefs. This thread is just another like the many of newbie threads that end up becoming I am better then you! Now I feel all parties owe OP an apology for going down this forum road in his any news thread!

that's a cop out Brian.
go back and read this thread... besides me posting OP's OWN words about a "prayer party" (& I dare anyone to challenge that being posted here)... the only other remote religious reference was a Jesus joke about Easter resurrection... UNTIL COLIN!!!!

What exactly do you think should have happened at that point Brian? The same thing as 2 weeks ago? Everybody has to switch the word Pray to the word Juju, just so this freakin' whack job extremist can get his way again, and control everyone's behavior through contrived PC whinage???

BULLSCAT!!! we got the hell outta his way last time because OP's life was hanging by a respirator & it was just too delicate of a situation to train Mr. kool-aid to restrain his single minded railroading of ideology right then... AND TODAY HE PROVED THAT GIVEN AN INCH HE NOW EXPECTS TO CHARGE A MILE FURTHER INTO A TERRITORY OF REASONABLE TOLERANCE & DEMAND HIS LUDICROUS LEVELS OF DISCIPLINE...

You think Op wants any thread about him to be defined by a chickenchit acquiescence to the uncalled for & unrestrained totalitarianism of a single power grabbing lone wolf opinion? Come on Brian, you know Joe better then that! I'd owe him an apology if I DIDN'T take issue with the crap spewging in this thread!

webguru

Welcome back OP. Although I do not know you and have never spoken with you, I have become misty eyed on several occasions during your ordeal. Just because I am human and was given the gift of feelings at birth is why your story has touched my heart so. We all have a limited time on this earth to leave our mark and I for one think you have done so in a great way. The caring and support you have brought out on these boards is amazing to say the least. Take care of yourself and get back on the boards so things can get back to normal.

As a side note, I have chosen to use a very helpful tool available here on the forum.

"This message is hidden because Colin is on your ignore list."

I have found my reading of threads a lot more enjoyable now!

signage

No Doug!

All I am saying rather than drawing this out in the open forum and in a thread asking about OP, everyone bickering should have taken this to a different thread.

GACO5 tried to take this to a different thread but no one went to that thread to bicker!

Also I feel that if OP doesn't like what someone has posted he should handle it himself! Like I said this looks like the newbie threads were everyone gangs up on someone that doesn't agree with what they do!