• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any thoughts on EnduraINK in VJ1204?

dj_elite

SW has a special on this ink. Is it any good? Anyone use it and have good results? Can you swap between this and Mutoh inks? Or should I stay away?

FatCat

Don't know anything about them, but have been running bulk JetBest inks in my 1204 for almost a year now with no issues. You can plug and play with your OEM inks without doing a flush. Price is $89/liter + shipping - they also have 220ml and 440ml carts. Colors are 99% identical to OEM, with slightly better reds. A little more solvent smell, but other than that no downside that I have seen.

http://www.jetbestusa.com/

*FWIW - any "good" 3rd party ink supplier that's been around a few years has decent ink these days. You just need to talk to those using the ink with your exact machine for honest feedback - never trust a salesman or company rep to give you all the details.

dj_elite

Exactly, thats why I figured I would ask here. I have read horror stories using 3rd party inks and was told to use Mutoh only. But when a big name is selling ink for my specific printer for 2/3 what I pay its hard to ignore.

FatCat

Exactly, thats why I figured I would ask here. I have read horror stories using 3rd party inks and was told to use Mutoh only. But when a big name is selling ink for my specific printer for 2/3 what I pay its hard to ignore.

Exactly. Do your homework, talk to other "users" of the ink with your machine and after some research you should feel confident in taking the next step. :thumb:

Jim Doggett

SW has a special on this ink. Is it any good? Anyone use it and have good results? Can you swap between this and Mutoh inks? Or should I stay away?

We tested them extensively and as the world's number one Mutoh dealer, nobody knows Mutoh better, except Mutoh maybe. :)

I think you can trust us enough to give them a try. And I am confident you'll be super pleased.

Best,

Jim @ SignWarehouse.

dj_elite

I believe it is just for the VJ 1204, but then again the prismjet 38 doesn't use chips, so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. But I would ask. You don't by any chance need another 38" do you?

I don't know about this new ink but you can use value jet cartridges in the Falcon Jr printer. All you have to do is remove the chrome decal from the old cartridges and put them on the value jet cartridges. I have been using value jet cartridges since all the ink problems began with the falcons. You can even buy the value jet cartridges with the chrome decal on them already.

thmooch

Thanks for the info regarding the carts. I'll keep feeding Jr as long as he will continue to keep working!

TDFcustomSL

I have used the endura ink in my 1204 since i bought it new. I had one major issue where the cartridge ruptured in the machine. Sw stepped up and took care of the damages except for my flooring. I have switched from endura ink to mutoh and back during printing with zero issues. Color match was identical. For the money id say give it a try. Like i said i had a cartridge rupture and from everyone i talked to about it its a rare occurence but it can happen. I dont think it was anything wrong with the brand. Being a house brand its clearly just relabeled and i wouldnt be surprised if it isnt mutoh inks re labeled for SW since they are such a large dealer and have the 1204 exclusively. Also, it seems as if there is more ink in them. Once the machine starts beeping there seems to be more ink left once i pull it out than there was in the mutoh cartridges. Could just be my imagination tho.