• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone posted this sign makers iPhone app yet?

SignManiac

The biggest issue with Droid phones is with 200 different manufacturers, the app developers can't write one set of code that will work on all the phones the same. So bugs are likely to cause problems. Great concept and hardware but not enough control over software development.

And yes I have the sign guru app on my iphone and ipad. Handy little app.

p3

Sign Maniac, I think you mean Android phones...since droid is just a phone by motorolla that verizon sells. But yea I get what you are saying, google trying to make Android for the multiple phones and making it so everything works has to be more challenging than apple developing for just the iPhone. I have the EVO and have not had any problems. I will have to update my girls phone to the froyo if possible yet. I know when she asked about updating it was only open to so many verizon users and not everyone could get it. I kept tellin her how cool my phone was and how excited i was about it and she's been disappointed and wants to go back to her blackberry lol.

routierracing

droid

I can't wait to see this app for android too. I love everything about my moto droid except one thing. a couple of times since Ive had it in august it has sent a text to the wrong contact. And my friend has the same phone and on hers its a daily problem and she's had it replaced serveral times without it getting better. Verizon and android both insist this problem does not exist lol

I just got an email from Ross Hancock, the VP of Gable Signs, telling me the app is now available for Android. He says it's been available for about an hour.

Off to download it ....

WildWestDesigns

It is true about the IPhone on the Verizon network, the agreements with AT&T are over and the contracts are confirmed for the production of the Verizon IPhones. The only uncertainty is the actual timeline for the rollout based upon any production and delivery delays. Well, that and whether I should wait for the IPhone or get a Droid now......IPhone...Droid...IPhone...Droid...IPhone...Droid...IPhone...Droid...IPhone...Droid...IPhone...Droid...?!!

If you remember way back when when somone supposedly left the prototype of the new iPhone in some bar? Well it had a protocal on there that really had no reason to be on there as AT&T didn't use that protocal(can't remember the name of it), so why would it be on any iPhone period unless there was something to the iPhone to be on other service providers?

I actually like the little droid that I have, I really think that it is a strong contender for the iPhone.

Doyle

I installed it on my evo, and while it is a free app and I cannot complain too much, there are some shortcomings...

- app is over 10mb with no option to install it to the SD card, that is usually a deal breaker for me, but I might keep this one for a while.

- Many of the drawings are so low-res that I cannot even read them, the channel letter section, for example. Same goes for almost all of the text and images, it is all blurry on my screen, especially when scrolling.

- app does not make use of the "back" button that is found on almost every Android phone I have ever seen. I accidentally hit the back button while browsing some of the sections and it exits the app, you must use the back button that is at the top of the screen in the app.

- app does not seem to have an icon? In my app drawer it uses the default android icon, kinda weird.

Very cool that we have a sign makers app in the market though. Hopefully the dev can fix the above issues and it would be really great.

Brandon708

I installed it on my evo, and while it is a free app and I cannot complain too much, there are some shortcomings...

- app is over 10mb with no option to install it to the SD card, that is usually a deal breaker for me, but I might keep this one for a while.

- Many of the drawings are so low-res that I cannot even read them, the channel letter section, for example. Same goes for almost all of the text and images, it is all blurry on my screen, especially when scrolling.

- app does not make use of the "back" button that is found on almost every Android phone I have ever seen. I accidentally hit the back button while browsing some of the sections and it exits the app, you must use the back button that is at the top of the screen in the app.

- app does not seem to have an icon? In my app drawer it uses the default android icon, kinda weird.

Very cool that we have a sign makers app in the market though. Hopefully the dev can fix the above issues and it would be really great.

I just installed it on my Evo too. I agree with all your comments.

I gave Ross Hancock a link to this thread. He signed up but is unable to post yet. He asked me to pass this along for him:

If you are up for it, please post to the group that we are hearing them loud and clear and are working on fixing the bugs with screen resolution etc. and that all feedback is being heard. Feel free to post this email Improve@sign-guru.com for a direct link to me.

Doyle

The app has been updated already. It addresses all of the issues except for installing to the SD card. That was fast!