• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying Window Cling To 18oz Banner

I have a job for six 20"x30" double sided window graphics they want printed on 18oz pvc banner. I have never laminated banner material before.
What is the best way to go about applying window cling to banner?

TIA

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You think Staples sells this stuff ?? They sell other sign supplies, I guess this, too.

Johnny Best

Gino, that Creative Sign gave you some crap this morning and now you are going to ride him out of town with his new heat gun holster.
Saying this in a deep whisper..."Come on man".

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: No he didn't. He can say what he wants and however I receive it is on me...... and I choose to ignore his dumbness....... in both of his threads. :toasting:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
1628110135944.png

Stacey K

I like making signs
Are you trying to make a banner stick to the window by applying a window cling to the banner? This is not going to work. If they want to hang a banner in the window then get some of those little suction cups to hang from the grommets. Otherwise, make/order a window cling or print and cut vinyl.

I'm still trying to take in what is actually being ordered.
They are signs for college campus restaurants. It is "Gudi" AKA "Briteline mounting film". It is a double sided removable adhesive. Typically we will use it on posters that are adhered to the inside of a glass door or window. The adhesive has pretty good tack but comes off with little force and usually completely clean. For some reason they want it on 18 oz banner instead of 24 pt ancora cardstock. No matter what I say they(and the owner of the company I am employed at) insist it must be on banner.

Are you trying to make a banner stick to the window by applying a window cling to the banner? This is not going to work. If they want to hang a banner in the window then get some of those little suction cups to hang from the grommets. Otherwise, make/order a window cling or print and cut vinyl.
We refer to posters with "Gudi" AKA "Briteline mounting film" as "window clings". We call static clings, well, static clings.

Johnny Best

You are talking about 2 sided face mount adhesive. If you use banner material with no scrim on the backside it will adhere without a problem.
"scrim" the web material on backside of banner.