• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying Window Cling To 18oz Banner

Apply the facemount adhesive to the banners, like any other lamination. Then take out the windows, run them through the laminator while applying the banner, just like to any other substrate. To help the adhesive cure, microwave for 30 seconds (remember, don't have any metal eyelets in the banner, they'll hurt the microwave).
Worked great!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Yeah, I'm really confused. Why on earth would you laminate adhesive to banner material, especially 18oz? You know they sell sell material made just for doing stuff that sticks on windows? You can print right on it, it's pretty amazing. I think it's called self adhesive vinyl.
It sounds like your customer is referring to a window decal as a banner and since none of y'all seem to know what you're doing, you ran with it rather than clarify what they wanted. That's my take on it at least. Kinda like when someone wants their name on their truck door but call it a wrap?

Yeah, I'm really confused. Why on earth would you laminate adhesive to banner material, especially 18oz? You know they sell sell material made just for doing stuff that sticks on windows? You can print right on it, it's pretty amazing. I think it's called self adhesive vinyl.
It sounds like your customer is referring to a window decal as a banner and since none of y'all seem to know what you're doing, you ran with it rather than clarify what they wanted. That's my take on it at least. Kinda like when someone wants their name on their truck door but call it a wrap?
I am calling it "lamination" because I am running it through the laminator. "Mounting" is probably the better term, but since the Gudi is normally applied in the same manner as laminate, I call it "lamination".
Sorry if I am using confusing terminology.
Anyways, this thread is great. I am going to show the owner this thread so he can see how stupid the job is(which is exactly what I and all of signage said emphatically). No matter what we said or what we suggested they insisted we do it. It is his company. If he wants to make subpar asstacular products that is his prerogative.
I will upload some pictures of the completed job when it is installed.

Billct2

Sounds like he's doing what he's told and neither his boss or the customer want to hear different. So good for him, he got it done the way they want. Maybe now they'' get why it's stupid

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Apply the facemount adhesive to the banners, like any other lamination. Then take out the windows, run them through the laminator while applying the banner, just like to any other substrate. To help the adhesive cure, microwave for 30 seconds (remember, don't have any metal eyelets in the banner, they'll hurt the microwave).
I think I watched this same video. I will have to rewatch it as I missed the microwave part.