• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Applying Window Cling To 18oz Banner

Val47

They are signs for college campus restaurants. It is "Gudi" AKA "Briteline mounting film". It is a double sided removable adhesive. Typically we will use it on posters that are adhered to the inside of a glass door or window. The adhesive has pretty good tack but comes off with little force and usually completely clean. For some reason they want it on 18 oz banner instead of 24 pt ancora cardstock. No matter what I say they(and the owner of the company I am employed at) insist it must be on banner.
Sounds classy, professional and without a doubt the best option.

And what's a "douche-canal"? Did you call Gino a vagina? I thought you were creative.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
They are signs for college campus restaurants. It is "Gudi" AKA "Briteline mounting film". It is a double sided removable adhesive. Typically we will use it on posters that are adhered to the inside of a glass door or window. The adhesive has pretty good tack but comes off with little force and usually completely clean. For some reason they want it on 18 oz banner instead of 24 pt ancora cardstock. No matter what I say they(and the owner of the company I am employed at) insist it must be on banner.
Then do it and let them deal with the repercussion. Seems like a no brainer.

Val47

Do the banners already exist, and they are trying to reuse them? Or is this still in the idea, and the best option stage?

Val47

So something removable, but can hold the weight of 18oz banner to a Window, with full surface coverage... But clear enough to see the graphic, "laminated" to scrim banner through the 2 sides of adhesive from the outside of the window. Is that what you're asking?

So something removable, but can hold the weight of 18oz banner to a Window, with full surface coverage... But clear enough to see the graphic, "laminated" to scrim banner through the 2 sides of adhesive from the outside of the window. Is that what you're asking?
No, I am asking the best way to laminate 18 oz scrim banner.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
It should just laminate like any old vinyl. We lay it flat on a table and feed it in but there isn’t really anything special about laminating adhesive to banner

i have to admit that when I initially read window cling I thought you meant static cling too and thought you were crazy…

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Wait... You said no, so you want to laminate a banner... But not with 2-sided adhesive... So why? You make no Sense at all. Is this thread some kind of joke?
Could be a glitch with Google Translate - he is from the country of Nor Cal.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
Apply the facemount adhesive to the banners, like any other lamination. Then take out the windows, run them through the laminator while applying the banner, just like to any other substrate. To help the adhesive cure, microwave for 30 seconds (remember, don't have any metal eyelets in the banner, they'll hurt the microwave).

It should just laminate like any old vinyl. We lay it flat on a table and feed it in but there isn’t really anything special about laminating adhesive to banner

i have to admit that when I initially read window cling I thought you meant static cling too and thought you were crazy…
Thank You. I hinge laminated them and it worked fine.
We have some weird internal terminology where I work.