• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jtorrescd

I am looking into the Arizona Oce 460GT flatbed printer and wanted to know what these are going for in a used, fairly good quality condition? Does anyone know what the value of this printer is going for since it is from like 2013?

Troy Lesher

there is a website called Global Garage, Mike Altrueter is the pres, reach out to him, he can give you some good insite on this project303-996-1134

Take a look for 660 or 550.
The 460 has only one head of color and each will have to be perfect. For 550 you will pay less, 660 has double white or varnish. There is no difference in speed. The age of these machines is not so important. Of course, this is just an my opinion. I would buy a 660 because of the easier way to change the heads.

AlsEU

460 has one DOUBLE head per colour, Miro - two CA4 heads glued together, channels C and M also can be doubled (so two double heads per colour). 460 may have also double white instead of white and varnish. Head replacement and calibrations are not difficult (but you should know, how to do it and have the proper equipment and software).

Correct!
Many Arizona machines have passed through my hands. I say you will have one double. In other cases you will have two doubles. For example, at 660 you will have four double for white or two double for white and two for varnish. There are other configurations as well.
I only offer an option. I'm not selling you a machine to argue with. It is your decision.

tollerdad

460 has one DOUBLE head per colour, Miro - two CA4 heads glued together, channels C and M also can be doubled (so two double heads per colour). 460 may have also double white instead of white and varnish. Head replacement and calibrations are not difficult (but you should know, how to do it and have the proper equipment and software).
Do you have any more info on self-calibration? I have a 460 GT with 1 color just sightly out enough to be annoying. Can it be done without a service key?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
There are thumbwheels attached to each head if you remove the cover on the gantry. Each 'notch' of rotation is 10 microns.

You can run the Printhead Alignment Gantry Direction special print to do an accurate alignment with this method.

Do you have any more info on self-calibration? I have a 460 GT with 1 color just sightly out enough to be annoying. Can it be done without a service key?
Yes you can, but I do not know what you have to do?
In what direction is the problem?
If you have a problem on Y direction you will need a magnifying glass(min. x10) or microscope and a 3 mm long screwdriver. If you do not have a screwdriver, you will turn the bolts by hand. It is easy. Go to the Tools and utilities and make Scanner alignment Gantry direction 1 and 2.
If the problem is left-right(X direction(bidirection)), you will need a scanner 1200/2400 dpi.
You should be able to use any scanner, but I'm not sure. is Epson V600. V500 is OK also. This is according to the service documentation.
If you want to work on white it is different, but it is not impossible to deal with that also.

You will also need a software tool(for bidirection) that I can give you.
Yes. You will also need a lot of patience :), but in the end, if all the heads are good and if you have a good nozzle test, the machine will start printing perfectly.

tollerdad

Thanks that is great info. All my heads are good just my magenta is slightly off and can see very slight magenta line on edge of some prints. I will message you if you can send the alignment software tool.

Uvprint

Yes you can, but I do not know what you have to do?
In what direction is the problem?
If you have a problem on Y direction you will need a magnifying glass(min. x10) or microscope and a 3 mm long screwdriver. If you do not have a screwdriver, you will turn the bolts by hand. It is easy. Go to the Tools and utilities and make Scanner alignment Gantry direction 1 and 2.
If the problem is left-right(X direction(bidirection)), you will need a scanner 1200/2400 dpi.
You should be able to use any scanner, but I'm not sure. is Epson V600. V500 is OK also. This is according to the service documentation.
If you want to work on white it is different, but it is not impossible to deal with that also.

You will also need a software tool(for bidirection) that I can give you.
Yes. You will also need a lot of patience :), but in the end, if all the heads are good and if you have a good nozzle test, the machine will start printing perfectly.

I also need to aligns heads on X axis. Can you please help me with the software tool?
I have Oce Arizona 350GT and the print is very low resolution. Do not have any other option to do, only to align heads horizontaly.

Thanks that is great info. All my heads are good just my magenta is slightly off and can see very slight magenta line on edge of some prints. I will message you if you can send the alignment software tool.
If you have a problems with alignment write me. I will try to explain how to do it with just a scanned image of the test and Photoshop. From time to time this is a big game.
You will need good nozzle test. If you are lucky will need 15-20 minutes for all. If not may be one day and nerves from steel :).

tollerdad

If you have a problems with alignment write me. I will try to explain how to do it with just a scanned image of the test and Photoshop. From time to time this is a big game.
You will need good nozzle test. If you are lucky will need 15-20 minutes for all. If not may be one day and nerves from steel :).
Thank you. It turned out that my magenta head was dislodged perhaps from pushing too much during head vacuuming. When reseated alignment was good. Still interested in your procedure though.

Scan the test in high resolution. 2400 dpi.
Open the test in Photoshop. Enlarge the image. You will see multiple dots. Fix them. Import the result into the machine with the tool. Sometimes that's the only thing that helps.
Especially if there are big differences and garbage in the material. Delete anything that is not a dot. Will understand when you see the image.

Uvprint

Scan the test in high resolution. 2400 dpi.
Open the test in Photoshop. Enlarge the image. You will see multiple dots. Fix them. Import the result into the machine with the tool. Sometimes that's the only thing that helps.
Especially if there are big differences and garbage in the material. Delete anything that is not a dot. Will understand when you see the image.
Look. This is my problem. I did what you told me with points alignment, but still no great resolution. The points are spreads.
Any other idea what could be?

Attachments

• IMG_20230517_190542.jpg
    IMG_20230517_190542.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230517_190519.jpg
    IMG_20230517_190519.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 71

growler

Look. This is my problem. I did what you told me with points alignment, but still no great resolution. The points are spreads.
Any other idea what could be?
What's your rip/print settings, what happens if you print in UNI directional, do you get a better quality or is it the same?
Possibly a height issue, what did you measure and what did you set the height as?